Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

Doom Squared part 8

Doom Squared part 8

AFTER-ACTION REPORT:

...The air was still thick with that god-awful greasy smell when the last of those fat demons had its body split down the middle. These had probably been one of the worst enemies I had fought yet. They were about eight feet tall, and about six feet in diameter. They had haunting green eyes and huge fireball launchers for hands. Much like the Cyberdemons I had encountered, their weapons looked like they were attached before birth. I knew that the cloning tanks that the cyberdemons were hatched in on Deimos had the mechanical leg and rocket launcher already inside the tank, an important observation I made when i'd found a dead cyberdemon fetus at the spawning vats. These things were probably grown the same way.

Alex quickly called me over to the center of the base. The Hub was a cube of flesh, with an eye in the middle. almost before we got within a foot of it, there was a strange sound. It sounded like a shrill, electrical battle cry coming from all directions, and almost right after it, there was the the sound of plasma shots. We quickly ran over to the last switch in the corner of the base and puonded on it. The last charging battery recessed itself into the ground , and the hub started to charge. The walls, however, were starting to crumble, and there were shrill cries outside. Alex ran over to the newly lowered battery and grabbed a plasma rifle from underneath the fat corpse of a "fatty". A constant whining noise was getting closer, and suddenly we saw what it was.

I thought I had killed the last one of these freaks back in Italy, but then I remembered something. In Hell, in the floating fortress of Dis, there was a giant structure of flesh and pipes. Damn, these things could clone themselves. We let loose a fierce attack from our plasma guns and took out all eight of these mini spider-demons.

The base was now empty, and I was ready to go. Alex rushed out to the trench to get something, and I followed. it one of the corners, he grabbed a small handle, and pulled up. There was a iron door with one of those hellish gargoyles on it, and in the corner, a BFG-9000. Alex grabbed it and looked up at me.

"You know how to properly work one of those badasses?" I asked him sternly.

"Not realy" he responded.

"Good, neither do I " I smiled. He took it and clipped the strap to his belt. Those things are suprisingly lightweight for such a destructive weapon. We went back to the center of the hub and saw that it was fully charged again. According to Alex, if we used it, it would take us to the security core of the Spaceport.

"But how do we use it?" I felt embaressed for asking, but I needed to know.

"Well, before the aliens came, the hub was a giant red crystal. for us to go places, we would simply touch it. But now it's under all those layers of..ugh...flesh."

I decided to try something risky. I made a fist and too a swing at the eye on one of the sides. they opened, and a red light beamed out and hit us square in the chest. There was a sucking feeling, and then it all went black...

[edit] just corrected some spelling mistakes [/edit]

Map 07, obviously...
nice work dudey; i was gonna make a comment but i can't think for the life of me what it was gonna be.
Forgive my senility :)

Insomniac said:

A constant whining noise was getting closer, and suddenly we saw what it was.

I thought I had killed the last one of these freaks back in Italy, but then I remembered something. In Hell, in the floating fortress of Dis, there was a giant structure of flesh and pipes. Damn, these things could clone themselves. We let loose a fierce attack from our plasma guns and took out all eight of these mini spider-demons.

Maybe it'd be a good idea to actually mention what these things are BEFORE our two heroes start fighting them instead of while they're killed. Like: ...and suddenly we saw what it was: A brain monster on a four-legged mechanical, spideresque body.

And after you mention that the hero thought he'd killed the last one back in Italy, mention that he realizes that these are smaller versions of the big SM.

Or have I missed something?

dsm said:

...mention that he realizes that these are smaller versions of the big SM.

Or have I missed something?

you did miss something:Þ

...and took out all eight of these mini spider-demons.

No, I SAW that, but my complaint was that it was a little late to mention these - you should've mentioned that they were "mini-spiders" before they started killing them.