Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Doom 3 Resolution Problem.

So, No matter what I do Doom 3 just doesn't want to change its resolution. After trying pretty much everything on the steam version, I went and bought a used CD-Rom version from Value Village hoping that steam was the problem, and unfortunately the CD version has the same issue as well.

This is basically the problem, I go to the menu and change the resolution from 640x480 to any resolution, it tells me that it will change next time I boot up Doom 3, but it doesn't. I tried to change settings in the Doom3.cfg but that doesn't fix it, so I try doing an autoexec file and that still doesn't fix it. Now I know that the menu is locked at 640x480, but even when I'm in game it doesn't look any different.

This is what is in my autoexec file.

r_mode "7"
r_aspectRatio "2"
com_allowconsole 1
r_multiSamples "8"
image_anisotropy "8"
seta image_downSize "0"
seta image_downSizeBump "0"
seta image_downSizeSpecular "0"
seta image_filter "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
seta image_ignoreHighQuality "0"
seta image_roundDown "0"
seta image_useCompression "0"
seta image_useNormalCompression "0"
set image_lodbias "-1.0"
seta r_renderer "best"
By the way, i'm using Windows 8.1

I don't know if you resolve this problem, but if you want any resolution on DOOM 3 you have to do this:

at console type this:

r_mode -1
r_customWidth 640
r_customHeight 480

vid_restart

press enter

And that's all. r_mode -1 is to use any custom resolutione define by r_customWidth, and r_customHeight, and if you like to use resolution on 16:9 monitor it's nice to type r_aspectRatio 1. Thx to this I play DOOM on fullhd without any mod.

Autoexec.cfg will not be automatically executed, idk why but you have to :

* Make sure you have put the .cfg inside "base" folder, or whatever mod you wish to run with custom screensize .

* Open console by pressing CTRL+ALT+Tilde (or the key directly beneath ESC) and type :

exec autoexec.cfg

* Press enter.

it should work without restarting the game just like it did for me .
Enter this each time you start the game or bind it to a key by "bind (key) exec autoexec.cfg"