Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

If you travel to hell...

What will it look like in the game? Hmmmm, I hope lots of skulls, lava, and body parts :)

Yesss! Just how I always pictured it.
Lol, but seriously I hope they don't make look anything like the version of Hell in the Spawn movie. That was too cheesy and expected.
However that robin williams movie, what dreams may come, had an cool looking interpretation of Hell. Both the fiery landscape on the surface, and also that gothic looking parts where he goes to look for his wife. The movie sucked though.

Hell is relative, depends on the person. My Hell would infinite clones of my various college roommates spouting their dogmatic WASP psycho-christian crap whilst an unending loop of bad christian rock plays in the background. Oh, and I'd be unable to reach the Internet. :)

Lush meadows and gambolling lambs.

No seriously, it should have the look and feel of the Quake III gothic maps, only far more spectacular in architecture and more evil.

Bright white searing light, with nowhere to hide.

Endless open featureless plains with an open totally clear sky overhead.

IMJack said:

Hell is relative, depends on the person. My Hell would infinite clones of my various college roommates spouting their dogmatic WASP psycho-christian crap whilst an unending loop of bad christian rock plays in the background. Oh, and I'd be unable to reach the Internet. :)

Jack, I feel for you man. I hate people like that.

"Come join us! We're devout, fanatical christians and we're only 13 years old!"

/me grabs a shotgun.

Little Faith said:

Bright white searing light, with nowhere to hide.

Endless open featureless plains with an open totally clear sky overhead.

Horrible thought.

As long as it has hundreds of disembowled bodies hanging from the ceiling I'll be happy.. That, with a gothic/flesh-look and it's hell to me.

The original Doom featured a great interpretation of hell - but can id better it?
Other great names have used similar renditions, and gone on to be winners... the most notable being the Hellraiser series. The increased mesh of demons and technology, though, should enhance it further - half organic, half mechanical creatures and structures are often considered blasphemous by many people, repulsive by others, and plain fascinating to the rest of us (ie me :))

Fredrik said:

It will be a bright blue sky with a shining sun and angels flying around.

OH NO!"#%"# It sounds horrble :~(

H.R.Giger?, Biomachinery? Sexy!!!

You do know that when Id Software started developement on the original doom they had a game based on the Aliens Game in mind. I hope (and know) that there will be lots of tekwall (and later tekskin) to ogle at.

Woohoo, HR Giger! my favourite artist, no less.

Spike said:

Woohoo, HR Giger! my favourite artist, no less.

Apparantly Id Software's too.

Tekwall is my favourite texture!

Actually my favourites are skinsymb/cut/scab, tekwall and skintek from Ultimate Doom. Sw1skin is cool, too... i can't wait to get onto the next episode of Underworld so i can start using mixes of technology and hell in the maps.

I like SP_HOT (In your face, nick) mainly because of my usage of it in the Streets