Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soundblock

LF sunder.wad (+UAC_DEAD)

"SaõJoao HSANTOS.cdr" wtf?

After getting hyped about Sunder from reading this thread about aspirations, and figuring I'd better start patching my Doom level design gaps since the turn of the millennium, I looked for Sunder.wad on idgames. I didn't find it (but luckily found Scythe, Alien Vendetta, Reverie, Resurgence, Vanguard, Deus Vult, Hell Revealed, DTWID, and Sunlust). However, I'd still like to get a hold of Sunder, and the closest thing I could get to it was this thread about Sunder, where the above .cdr file was linked. What in hell's name? A zip of some sort? (101mb) Google thinks its a corel draw file. My PC has no idea. I'm clueless. Please help me out here, so I can experience me some Sunder!

I'd also like a link to UAC_DEAD.WAD if anyone has one - I can't find that either, on idgames or otherwise.

Starting petition to upload Sunder to /idgames

* Linguica

Linguica said:

Starting petition to upload Sunder to /idgames

-1 vote from me, I still hope the author returns someday to finish it.

j4rio said:

-1 vote from me, I still hope the author returns someday to finish it.

That's irrelevant. Contrary to popular belief, files on /idgames can be updated, and there is no rule against "unfinished" WADs. All leaving it off /idgames accomplishes is making it more difficult to find / download, as this very thread shows.

Hm, guess I'll upload Plasmaplant then, even though I might add to the end of it at some point. Do I still ftp connect to "archive.gamers.org", or is there a new address?

EDIT:
archiveS.gamers.org
Forgot the plural.

PLEASE include the midi if you do. D_RUNNIN absolutely does not suit plasmaplant.

RE Sunder, why doesn't anyone PM gazebo about putting it up? He responded to the last PM I sent before too long.

Marcaek said:

PLEASE include the midi if you do. D_RUNNIN absolutely does not suit plasmaplant.

Latest version of Plasmaplant uses Doom's E1M3 for music. Fits like a glove.

IG should be PM'ed about all the lovvin' Sunder's been getting lately, if he's not already aware. Might inspire new stuff!

If its uploaded by anyone other than Insane Gazebo, this should be marked in the text file somehow, perhaps in that little used "other" field. Like,
Other: PROXY UPLOAD, by such@such.com (or NickName at reachable site).

The thing that makes me the most iffy about proxy uploading to idgames, is that it will trigger reviews unto a project the author hasn't deemed finished yet. You know, when its done and all that. Still, in the interest of historic reference and secure backups:

+1

A lot of Doom projects seem to strand in beta, and work out just fine that way. I'd never proxy upload a wad that hadn't been around and received playtime for less than a year...

You can remove Sunlust from the list as that was finished recently and uploaded to /idgames/.