Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Doom 2 Redux (Mapset Complete. Beta Release Incoming)

Bug report: it's possible to get stuck in the secret outdoor area with the helipad by jumping through the window before the door leading to it has been opened. The window jump is also really easy.

Damn...that IS an old version. I fixed that window issue a while ago by making it impassable.

Funny thing is that the version with the mislabeled map marker actually works in (G)ZDoom if you run it through the map editor, which automatically tells it to load map "D_RUNNIN". So that particular error is easy to miss and should be double-checked in the latest version.

TraceOfSpades said:

The error must have happened when gangrel replaced the music for me.

I think that's the case. I've had some weird things happen to my levels occasionally cause of the music a couple times.

I use XWE btw, just because.

What maps are left to do? I could help with either art-pass, re-work or even do a whole map from 0 to 100% if need be. I really can't wait to have this project done so people can play the whole thing. :)

^
The maps we have left to do are;
Map 03 - Trace and I are re working on the level
Map 07 - Worked on by me
Map 15 - 40oz's level
Map 19 - Apparently being worked on by Royal_Sir, but I haven't seen him post anything on this thread. (trace confirmed his involvement in a previous post)
Map 24 - Worked on by scotty.

Both secret maps are open as well.

rdwpa said:

Anyway, since the fix is as simple as changing D_RUNNIN to MAP01, here's a version that opens: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a3apjdg73g6usvb/map01_tempfix.wad

The map loads, but the music doesn't play because it's been renamed to MAP01. The simple fix is actually selecting the original MAP01 marker in the original map and hitting Ctrl-D in Slade to move it down one entry. You get a quick error message and then Slade fixes it.

Royal_Sir is now extracted from the project. I forgot all about him working on the citadel because he pretty much vanished.

Citadel is open.

TraceOfSpades said:

Royal_Sir is now extracted from the project. I forgot all about him working on the citadel because he pretty much vanished.

Citadel is open.

I guess I could take it then. Is that okay?

Did s/he ever leave anything for us or do I start from scratch?

I made a song called "Just Found Armor"

This is the original version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3aegt8d5ppimkk/Just%20Found%20Armor.mid?dl=0

And this is the more atmospheric version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6306zbdigub3c1/Just%20Found%20Armor%20%28atmosphere%20remix%29.mid?dl=0

No one responded if you guys still need Midis but here you go feel free to use them, if you need more I'll make more this one was my first in a while so I was a little rusty

MIDIs would be great!

Also, if you can make a MIDI that sounds like either of the bongripper songs in the OP or Scream of the Butterfly by Acid Bath that's be awesome!

Sota, Citadel is yours now. Please don't disappear.

TraceOfSpades said:

MIDIs would be great!

Also, if you can make a MIDI that sounds like either of the bongripper songs in the OP or Scream of the Butterfly by Acid Bath that's be awesome!

Did you like the MIDI I posted? Also I'll try to make some more with inspiration from them.

What about this MIDI I wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhzesoip1lnjx47/Say%20Hi%20To%20The%20CyberDemon%20For%20Me.mid?dl=0

It's called "Say Hi to the Cyberdemon For me" and it sounds a little more like what you want

TraceOfSpades said:

Alrighty then, I'll get to it this weekend and try to come up with a rough plan. It's originally a damn huge map, that's for sure.

TheNerdTurtle2 said:

Did you like the MIDI I posted? Also I'll try to make some more with inspiration from them.

What about this MIDI I wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhzesoip1lnjx47/Say%20Hi%20To%20The%20CyberDemon%20For%20Me.mid?dl=0

It's called "Say Hi to the Cyberdemon For me" and it sounds a little more like what you want

Those are pretty good midis, they sound pretty classic

Tactical Stiffy said:

Those are pretty good midis, they sound pretty classic

Thanks! you liked my other ones too? :) Music is a hobby for me and I love to hear feedback

I have no idea what's wrong here. That linedef has nothing special on it, it is set up exactly the same as the other ones in the star...yet I'm getting this weird effect that is only viewable from this side of the linedef.

Or you could just add another vertex onto the linedef. Or redo the star all over again and this time use a 32/16 grid instead.

I just quickly tested latest downloadable version of Map 03 - The Gantlet. I have to say, that you guys (who ever all worked on it and similar maps) should feel more courageous to make larger and wider areas. I got stuck or bumped into things way too often. Could be only me, but I prefer maps where I can fight in areas and have proper room to maneuver obstacles and avoid projectiles thrown at me.

nxGangrel said:

^Don't worry I'm fixing that very thing.

I look forward to seeing what you do with it.