Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Doom 2 Redux (Mapset Complete. Beta Release Incoming)

nxGangrel said:

calm down, Christmas ain't over yet. I need to have Trace's new map 02 before I can release the beta. If he can finish it sometime today it'll be release asap.

Only kidding. Enjoy your holiday!

...I'll just sit all alone with nothing to do and all Christmas to do it -__-

I posted my music a few pages back.

Tactical Stiffy said:

All music tracks I used for my maps are from http://midimelody.ru/

MAP04 Threshold - Light and Space

MAP05 Nightwish - Elvenpath

MAP08 Children of Bodom - Children of Decadence

MAP16 King Diamond - Welcome Home

MAP20 Dream Theater - Home

MAP27 Iced Earth - Travel in Stygian

MAP28 Symphony X - Awakenings

Played a few of these, they're pretty great so far. However Maps 12, 13,and The Suburbs feel a little over-saturated with enemies even on HMP.

Still trying to find out out how to open most of the doors in Map 13, I have no clear direction of where I'm supposed to go.

Spocks_Beard said:

Played a few of these, they're pretty great so far. However Maps 12, 13,and The Suburbs feel a little over-saturated with enemies even on HMP.

Still trying to find out out how to open most of the doors in Map 13, I have no clear direction of where I'm supposed to go.

Map 13 has been heavily edited in the current version of the wad (which hasn't been released yet)

Trace, what's the status on your map? It's almost January.
If no one can or wants to make some new sky or intermission textures I'll see if I can cook something up.

I know another bump,
But since Trace hasn't given us any update on his map, and since the deadline is supposed to be tomorrow, I will move the release to a little later date, while a beta will be release before hand. I'm going to use assets from other games for textures, (until better ones are made). Hopefully I can release a beta tomorrow.
Thanks for ya'lls patients.

I think it might be an idea just to get the beta out so that any overriding problems with the wad can be found cause that is more important than singular maps (which can still be updated anyway). I was planning on doing a proper playtest of this once the beta is available.

Ah, i thought it was done and just awaiting an update or something. I'm sure i have played a version of the Underhalls from this project before.

scotty said:

Ah, i thought it was done and just awaiting an update or something. I'm sure i have played a version of the Underhalls from this project before.

Trace is making a new one, like what he did with map 01.

^And map 3...haha

I never get notified when people post on this thread. I got some good work done on map2 yesterday.

TraceOfSpades said:

^And map 3...haha

I never get notified when people post on this thread. I got some good work done on map2 yesterday.

Are you remaking the maps fully?

Maps 1 and 3 are done. Map 2 is being completely redone.

I added a cool pac man reference in this version. Great fun.

^ No, not at them moment.
I'm actually really busy IRL so the beta release may take a while.

btw a message for Sotapoika

Spoiler

Because my schedule is filling up and I'm getting less time to work on any levels, would you be willing to finish up map 31 for me? All there is to do is add thing placements and add a few decorations, a couple textures need to be added as well.

The layout and concept is pretty much finished. You don't need to work on the level if you can't or don't want to, but it would make things much faster and convenient. Plus I really like your level designing

I am also busy in real life as well. I do apologize. School is eating up a lot of my time.

Also...should I be banned or indefinitely losered in the very mear future...I'll get my map 2 update here somehow.

Gangrel, do you have all of the wads saved? You know...just in case this whole thread gets blown away in the event that I am banned.

TraceOfSpades said:

Gangrel, do you have all of the wads saved? You know...just in case this whole thread gets blown away in the event that I am banned.

I have various alpha and beta versions of the wad on two computers and mediafire

nxGangrel said:

^ No, not at them moment.
I'm actually really busy IRL so the beta release may take a while.

btw a message for Sotapoika

Spoiler

Because my schedule is filling up and I'm getting less time to work on any levels, would you be willing to finish up map 31 for me? All there is to do is add thing placements and add a few decorations, a couple textures need to be added as well.

The layout and concept is pretty much finished. You don't need to work on the level if you can't or don't want to, but it would make things much faster and convenient. Plus I really like your level designing

Yes, I can do that. If you could send me the latest and greatest version of it, that'd be awesome. :)

Awesome thanks! Let me make sure I have the latest version on this computer I'm using. Otherwise it may take extra time to send it to you. bleh.

Btw Trace, since I've got all the wads compiled and whatnot, if you don't mind, I can make the post for when the Beta is released (and/or the full release as well).

Played the "new" Map 1, the bugs I found are the Blue Keycard can be grabbed from below the ledge and one of the flesh/Hellrooms can be used to exit the map as if using noclip.

A minor complaint personally is that the Hell part is a little confusing when the teleport happens. Being as it is the first level of the game makes it a little harder to get used to being different.

Amount of Medikits is generous to make up for the ambushes though. :)