Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Orchid87

Full body armor sucks

I've always loved these guys. Their armor is over the top and awesome. The armor alone lets u know what types of battles they get into regularly.

MetroidJunkie said:

Guess I'm the only one who thinks the Power Armor from Fallout looks pretty cool. In a vintage tech suit kind of way.

No, I love Fallout power armor!

The best set IMO is Fallout 3 Enclave Hellfire armor from Broken Steel, it looks so freaking badass!

http://i.imgur.com/FgGR9r9.jpg?1 (Playstation cover)

That's what a man looks like. Doom guy listens to thrash metal, he probably has Overkill and Megadeth patches on the back of that denim vest, hell yes.

Doom guy needs to learn from Duke Nukem, it's casual dress for one man slaughter. It should make a comeback.

Doomguy is at a bowling alley playing Addams Family pinball when hell comes calling. Luckily he always has a giant shotgun on him.

Winged_Warrior said:

Why are the muscles so non-existing in this? Imo Doomguy is supposed to be a muscleman.

VGames said:

I've always loved these guys. Their armor is over the top and awesome. The armor alone lets u know what types of battles they get into regularly.

Tribes came into Doom :D

PsychoGoatee said:

That's what a man looks like. Doom guy listens to thrash metal, he probably has Overkill and Megadeth patches on the back of that denim vest, hell yes.

Doom guy needs to learn from Duke Nukem, it's casual dress for one man slaughter. It should make a comeback.

Doomguy is at a bowling alley playing Addams Family pinball when hell comes calling. Luckily he always has a giant shotgun on him.

Imo Doomguy doesn't need to learn/take anything from Duke because doomguy is doomguy. Even if i possible like Duke more, it doesn't mean i don't think doomguy is ultimately more badass. One reason forexample why i don't like brutal doom, is that doomguy doesn't kick, he just simply twists stuff with his bare hands and thus don't need any mightyboot. Duke is different though, ofc he uses the boot because duke is duke and can climb ladders while kicking ass.

Well, he IS supposed to be a trained marine so it would make sense that he has some muscle tone. It's not like he's just some guy they hired to kill demons.

quakke said:

Why are the muscles so non-existing in this? Imo Doomguy is supposed to be a muscleman. http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/universe-of-smash-bros-lawl/images/6/61/DOOMGUY.png

Tribes came into Doom :D

Doomguy eats five subs a day, all the carbs help when you're knee deep in the dead. He's cultivating mass.

I think the natural progression from the original would be a kind of fat Doomguy. But badass, like a Bam Bam Bigelow look.

MetroidJunkie said:

Well, he IS supposed to be a trained marine so it would make sense that he has some muscle tone. It's not like he's just some guy they hired to kill demons.

That leaner concept art looks just as much if not more so like a marine than the bulky original. Does Doomguy have time for a bodybuilder schedule?

Jokes aside, look at how Batman was drawn in the early-to-mid 90s compared to right now, by say Greg Capullo in the main Batman title. Huge muscleman as shorthand for badass is not the fashion like it used to be.

PsychoGoatee said:

http://media.moddb.com/images/downloads/1/69/68686/Doom_PC_11_I.jpg (Playstation cover)

If I want Duke Nukem I'll play Duke Nukem. Which I won't because I strongly dislike Duke Nukem.

That look, however, would be interesting and appropriate for a "Hell on Earth" type game.

kelliegator said:

If I want Duke Nukem I'll play Duke Nukem. Which I won't because I strongly dislike Duke Nukem.

That look, however, would be interesting and appropriate for a "Hell on Earth" type game.

If you turn off the one-liners, how do you know you're not playing as your beloved Doomguy, fighting aliens in Duke 3D? I guess when you see a bathroom mirror.

It is interesting to talk about the little details, but we barely see the Doom guy. He could be wearing armored sleeves and nothing else for all we know.

PsychoGoatee said:

http://i.imgur.com/FgGR9r9.jpg?1 (Playstation cover)

He looks like he's trying to escape from jail... while hallucinating. haha

I thought how F.E.A.R. handled full body armor (I think it's full body, correct me if I'm wrong though) with Point Man was done pretty well. It looks like it provides sufficient protection without looking comically/exaggeratedly bulky, which is kind of the impression I got about what the new Doom's suit is like based on the gameplay footage I saw ( well, just based on the arms but eh ).

Classic Doom has always been about dodging Bullets and Plasma balls, why would you need full body armor if you're trained to dodge like a badass?

I have never been a fan of the overly complex and futuristic Space Marine armor. So, I have always been a fan of the classic/Quake 3 Doom Marine armor. I think that it's perfect because is futuristic and not overtly bulky. Also, once you start getting into the overly complex and bulky armor, the armor starts to look less and less like the armor made for a branch of the military. And don't get me started on armor and weapons with lights on them.

Avoozl said:

Why is his shotgun so small? It looks more like an extended pistol.

Its just the angle, that's the same reason why a shotgun right in front of the eyes looks like a big black hole

GoatLord said:

We've just barely seen the armor for a couple seconds. I can't even form an opinion yet.

I completely agree, People need to wait to Judge Instead of bashing early on.

GoatLord said:

We've just barely seen the armor for a couple seconds. I can't even form an opinion yet.

*GASP* A sensible person not consumed by nostalgia within the Doom community!? WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?

Xaero_Four said:

*GASP* A sensible person not consumed by nostalgia within the Doom community!? WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?

Are you going to continue to post such dribble through out every thread related to Doom 4? Because it got old several posts ago.

Fulgrim said:

Are you going to continue to post such dribble through out every thread related to Doom 4? Because it got old several posts ago.

Idk are people gonna keep complaining about dumb shit they haven't even seen yet? Because I tell you that got old awhile ago too.

As long as people keep going on about things like linear level design (despite only seeing 12-14 mins of the game) yeah I'm gonna keep posting "dribble"

Nems said:

I thought how F.E.A.R. handled full body armor (I think it's full body, correct me if I'm wrong though) with Point Man was done pretty well. It looks like it provides sufficient protection without looking comically/exaggeratedly bulky, which is kind of the impression I got about what the new Doom's suit is like based on the gameplay footage I saw ( well, just based on the arms but eh ).

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/1461155962_f6bfbe167a_m.jpg

Sorry dude but u are very wrong. Full body armor is basically a suit of armor. A knights suit of armor is full body armor and is the basis for all forms of full body armor that came after it. Master Chief wears full body armor. Iron man wears full body armor. Modern soldiers do not have full body armor.