Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrea Rovenski

Sunlust + Summer of '69 demos [-complevel 9]

OOps, thanks 4shockblast, thought I heard it when I was teleporting but kept going anyway. I didn't notice when I submitted because the count said it was 544/544. My bad... Guess I'll have to do it again huh? lol

KillerDog745 said:

Map20 UV Max in 16:11. Not nearly as much time saved as I was hoping for, but I'm finished running this level now. Also I got really lucky as I was down to 1 and 5 hp during this run.

Unfortunately, you missed a revenant before teleporting to the final area. D: Really lucky survival, though.

Map20 UV Max in 14:49. Sorry for posting this same level on three different replies but this is the last one. I double checked the level after beating it with iddt to make sure no revenants got away again.

sl20-1449.zip

KillerDog745 said:

Map20 UV Max in 14:49. Sorry for posting this same level on three different replies but this is the last one. I double checked the level after beating it with iddt to make sure no revenants got away again.

Instead of using iddt, you could turn off PrBoom+'s smart totals option. If you go into Options -> Setup -> Status Bar / HUD and move to the next page, you will see an option to turn smart totals on/off. If it's on, it will count once for each monster that was originally placed in the map and won't count archvile resurrects or monsters spawned from an IoS. If it's off, it will show two counts, one for how many monsters you killed and one for how many monsters are left alive in the map, so you could easily check that you killed everything.

Awesome run, btw, enjoyable map to watch demos on. :)

KillerDog745 said:

Sorry for posting this same level on three different replies

It is fine to use different replies if you are posting demos, and we would never complain about someone doing such nice improvements :D

i must say map20 is fantastic, and as a note, azuboy's TAS uv max is very very enjoyable. I hope this map gets more attention TAS-wise too.
im too rusty and busy to uv max it myself. i became a lurker eheh

Map27 UV Max in 7:45.
Thanks 4shockblast about that smart total, I'll leave that off from now on.
Also thanks Ancalagon for letting me know, I wasn't sure if that was ok or not to post several demos or if I should of waited until the final one.

Also included is what I'd call an unfair moment in sunlust, which can happen at any difficulty! Luckily it's near the start of the level but made me restart quite a bit lol.
Edit: Improved the time to 7:12, now to attempt 28 (gulp).

sl27-712.zip

blob1024 said:

I hope this map gets more attention TAS-wise too.

On this land I didn't saw any TAS UV-MAX on any hardcore map a long time ago. So I'm not hope anymore :(

Sunlust Map 10 UV Max in 6:05.

Thanks for some advice on tightening up route during stream from Anca and Archi!

very cool, I didn't anticipate seeing any -fast demos on the latter maps in the set. YK fight was a bit bonkers, final fight was neat too. I also liked using the cyb to splash-damage the imp pit :)