Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrea Rovenski

Sunlust + Summer of '69 demos [-complevel 9]

yah incredible demo 0xf, some serious macho strats in that route!

Other points of interest:
- lol no ssg.
- sorry those viles in the circle room get crushed so slowly, but at least it yielded the cool (probably annoying) strat of having to time the wall along with grabbing the YK and using the exit lift :p.
- that final teleporter was in there purely for coop reasons (in case someone was in that area when the final encounter was activated, so they didn't get locked in), that secret cyb tele never even crossed my mind -.-

Appreciate the comments.

Nothing besides BFG and RL should be used, as that was the standard set by Ancalagon with his eye-opening performance. My switching to chaingun when hitting the blue armor switch irked me good.

The final teleporter is only a thing if players can manage to staive off grabbing those secrets in the same room until the end, but it's otherwise redundant to go there, albeit more consistent.

i love your curmudgeonly text files :D

edit: just watched your demo, you could definitely save some time on the mastermind fight and the water bridge fight but... PEs!

j4rio's super hard and super long tyson runs are like romantic dinners accompanied with long (fore)play sessions, but this thread is like visiting a chocolate factory with all my friends! OM NOM NOM! YUMMY!

breakneck demo. clutch performance in the final arena and the alternating meme-AV room, made em look straight easy :)

0xf00ba12 said:

Sorry 'bout that... Here's three (x2) for your troubles:

Map 25 Pacifist in 0:42 and NM-Speed (also pacifist) in 0:36.

haha fantastic :D

Ribbiks: dont take this the wrong way, but do you have any idea why your mouse movement looks so jerky? its not out of control, but i can basically instantly recognise your demos. best way to describe is it looks like you have shorttics x2 :p
maybe because youre on mac?

im laffing away here at j4rio & KillerDog's back-and-forth. absolutely savage. also: butterloads, yum sounds tasty.

rehelekretep said:

Ribbiks: dont take this the wrong way, but do you have any idea why your mouse movement looks so jerky? its not out of control, but i can basically instantly recognise your demos. best way to describe is it looks like you have shorttics x2 :p
maybe because youre on mac?

hmm, not sure. it does feel a bit chunky while playing, but it never really bothered me. could be a mac thing, or maybe a a mouse thing. do my really old demos (e.g. from sunder, or c-shock2) also feel jerky? I know those ones were recorded on a different computer than I use now (also a mac though -.-)

i just watched su05 and its less pronounced, but still there.
how strange. only thing i can think of is your mouse/pc combo having a low polling rate for some reason