Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrea Rovenski

Sunlust + Summer of '69 demos [-complevel 9]

MAP18 UV-Max-SoloNet in 4:46

Stream highlight (no mic - accidentally muted :( )

Map turned out to be a lot easier on SoloNet than raw UV - there's 16 extra BFG shots worth of cells, way more than needed for the extra enemies. Also the crapton of extra health in final fight means you can act like an absolute idiot and still survive most of the time.

Just a quick and fun (and notably subpar) little run done as a break from my major projects.

sl18sn446.zip

9 hours ago, Daerik said:

I'm sure I'll get a better time soon as I'm grinding d2all attempts.

Wow, that sounds like a massive undertaking. Good luck, can't wait it see it!

On 4/21/2020 at 5:59 AM, Ahmed said:

sunlust map 29 max in 6:45

sl29-645.rar

sl29-645.zip

I love how crazy is the beginning of this demo, I think it's the most unsafe start I've seen in a MAP29 run. Impressive stuff :P

UPDATE: Please ignore this demo if it is already not too late, I have gotten a better time.

MAP31 NM100s in 1:01 - My first WR! :)

sl31nms101.zip

4 skips/exploits were used here: 1 arch-vile jump, 1 underground switch pressed, and TWO glides. Many attempts and lots of practice went into this demo due to its dependence on luck. 

Edited by Starduster : ignore for dsda

MAP30 NoMo 100s in 9:10

sl30os910.zip

How come there are barely any NoMo demos? It's quite an awesome experience in that mode. I guess I should try making more cuz I suck at the game on UV and it's the only way I could contribute to the tables. Hope ppl find this helpful as it was fun to make :p.

Edited by Starduster : wrong demo

4 hours ago, Starduster said:

MAP30 NoMo 100s in 9:10

sl30os910.zip

How come there are barely any NoMo demos? It's quite an awesome experience in that mode. I guess I should try making more cuz I suck at the game on UV and it's the only way I could contribute to the tables. Hope ppl find this helpful as it was fun to make :p.

demos lasts 0.5s for me, or it simply crashes at beginning.

strange

1 minute ago, blob1024 said:

strange

I used glboom+ 2.5.1.7um to record (-complevel 9 of course). That's probably the issue, I'll test it in 2.5.1.4 to see if I get the same issue.

2 hours ago, blob1024 said:

strange

Alright, I found the correct demo and fixed it. I also tested the demo on 2.5.1.4 and there is no desync. Sorry for any issues this caused. Smfh

Right now I'm working on NoMo and NoMo 100s IL demos for every map. I've got episode 1 complete, but decided to check out MAP29 anyway since I'm still learning how to execute unguided glides. This one was especially tough, must be something about north-bound glides.

sl29 NoMo in 1:32

sl29o132.zip

Spoiler

Before improving my strats for the glide, I thought this one was impossible (for me), much less possible in under 2 min (my eventual goal). My first try was a complete waste; I sat for 20 minutes and learned nothing, no glide. After watching 0xf's UV speed demo and sleeping on it, I came up with the idea of positioning myself with running turned off. 7 min later, I was surprised to see that I was inching forward, through the gap, and then got back to demo grinding. This run took about 15 attempts. 

Edited by Starduster

Hey everyone, these are all of my NoMo/NoMo 100s demos for episode 1. I've avoided making crappy tablefillers/low effort demos, and nearly all routes were discovered by me. 

Episode One (maps 1-10) NoMo individual-level demos:

sl01o018.zip (PB time, has already been uploaded to DSDA)

sl02o047.zip (Cyberdemon531's route)

sl03o030.zip (New and faster route)

sl04o115.zip

sl05o056.zip (PB time)

sl06o028.zip (PB time, Demonstrates a NEW trick used to get to the YK)

sl07o689.zip (Improves by 0.02s, I'm such a troll)

sl08o027.zip (Demonstrates a NEW trick used to skip most of the map)

sl09o048.zip

sl10o033.zip (Incorporates a few convenient skips)

NoMo 100s individual-level demos:

sl01os024.zip

sl02os110.zip

sl03os104.zip

sl04os128.zip

sl05os119.zip

sl06os049.zip (An 11-second improvement on my last demo :)

sl07os213.zip (Route and execution could be improved, but...)

sl08os058.zip

sl09os132.zip (Could be improved with a very precise strafe-jump past the rising and lowering pillars)

sl10os054.zip

Spoiler

None of these demos used TAS tools or the advanced HUD. All demos were recorded in GLBoom+ 2.5.1.7um (x64) and play back without desync/errors in PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4. If this is not the right place to upload these demos, please let me know. Thanks in advance :).

Here are my NoMo/NoMo 100s demos for episode 2. I didn't record 15 (secret exit) demos. The secrets levels were done and maps without secrets don't have a NoMo 100s run, obviously. Hopefully, I'll have the entire wad done within the next week!

I decided to redo sl10o, a much faster route was used as well as a new skip.

sl10o026.zip

Episode Two (maps 11-20, 31-32) NoMo individual-level demos:

sl11o112.zip

sl12o114.zip

sl13o122.zip

sl14o024.zip

sl15o143.zip (Stupid rocket boosts, could definitely be improved with more confident platforming)

sl31o047.zip

sl32o022.zip (Just a quick run to the exit, ezpz)

sl16o125.zip

sl17o047.zip (Uses suicidal rockets to reduce the time spent in the damaging exit sector)

sl18o049.zip (This is where I start to incorporate more SR50 into my demos, it may look weird)

sl19o102.zip (I didn't see the point to grind for a sub-1m run)

sl20o031.zip (Improves on Krankdud's route, could be reduced to sub-30s but I'm proud of it already)

NoMo 100s individual-level demos:

sl11os128.zip

sl12os119.zip (Can definitely be improved if the secret is grabbed while waiting for the exit to open)

sl13os129.zip (Yes, got a sub-1:30!)

sl14os111.zip

sl15os149.zip (My performance in this demo is similar to that of sl15o, see above)

sl31os115.zip

[sl32os is NA]

sl16os158.zip (I hate this demo. If I were 0.5s faster then I wouldn't have missed the lift, improvements are 10,000% welcome)

sl17os057.zip (insert happy face)

sl18os059.zip (Here's me trying some experimental SR50)

[sl19os is NA]

sl20os153.zip (This was the most fun demo to make)

Spoiler

If I screwed anything up then plz let me know, thanks! Advanced HUD was not used. Each demo was recorded in GLBoom+ 2.5.1.7um (x64) and plays back correctly in "stock" PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4.

Working on a Sunlust playthrough Pistol Start UV max on YT. I am watching demos to help me get through, and I found the nightmare run by 0xf00ba12 on map 20 and thought it was pretty doable. Not a record, but I am proud I was able to beat the level

sl20n111.zip

20 hours ago, David Asaad said:

Working on a Sunlust playthrough Pistol Start UV max on YT. I am watching demos to help me get through, and I found the nightmare run by 0xf00ba12 on map 20 and thought it was pretty doable. Not a record, but I am proud I was able to beat the level

sl20n111.zip

Hello David.

There are some problems with your zip file that prevent us from uploading it to DSDA:
- You put the txt and lmp inside a folder, and that folder has no write permissions. To avoid problems, please put the .lmp and .txt files directly on the root of the zip file, without any folders inside.
- Please do not include the "desktop.ini" file inside the zip

You can fix these problems and upload a new zip in a new forum post, and that new zip file will be picked up for upload soon.

Thanks.