Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tmorrow

sunlust map04 light goggles question

I've starting playing through this excellent wad. On map04 I was unable to find one of the items, namely the light goggles. With some clipping I was able to find out where they are located but I'm not sure how to reach them without resorting to cheating. I attempted some crazy archvile jumps without success.

Can anyone shed some light (pun intended) on how to reach these goggles legitimately in the game?

I doubt those googles are supposed to be accessible, i assume it's some sort of easteregg thingy just as the BFG in Map01.

You can also open the map with an editor and check if there is a linedef (or something to do) which can make the googles accessible.

tourniquet said:

I doubt those googles are supposed to be accessible, i assume it's some sort of easteregg thingy just as the BFG in Map01.

Lame if true since lite-amp goggles count towards the items %.

I was not aware of the bfg on map01. I was only aware of the goggles on map04 because it counts as an item so I knew I'd missed something when I finished the map.

My editing skills are woeful, I've looked in Doom Builder but I can't work out if there is a linedef connected to the sector the goggles are on.

The speed run junkies don't usually care about item%, max runs only need 100% kills and secrets but I'd certainly prefer that countable items be reachable during normal play so I hope I've just missed something.

tmorrow said:

My editing skills are woeful, I've looked in Doom Builder but I can't work out if there is a linedef connected to the sector the goggles are on.

I played the map yesterday and I didn't even noticed the googles, lol.
I took a look with Doombuilder and it looks that there isn't way to pick it.