Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enderkevin13

If 240 Seconds Equal 4 Minutes...

Barrels. Crushers. Maybe even conveyors if you're feeling really bay.

Final question, how do I stop a script after an event occurs?
For example, after killing an enemy, the script stops?

I tried Script_Suspend, but that didn't work.

You can receive answers faster and ask vastly less repetitive questions with this one simple trick. Click here to find out how.

Edward850 said:

You can receive answers faster and ask vastly less repetitive questions with this one simple trick. Click here to find out how.

I viewed those pages already, didn't solve my problem.

Also, to be clearer, it's an ENTER script.
Should it be a RETURN script?

You're clearly not reading the wiki at all. And both the Suspend and Terminate examples spell out the answer to you.

• An ENTER script is multi-state, executed by each spawned player, and cannot be suspended/terminated externally.
  • RETURN clearly won't change anything at all, other than when the player script is running (on map return in a hub rather than first entry).

Edward850 said:

You're clearly not reading the wiki at all. And both the Suspend and Terminate examples spell out the answer to you.

• An ENTER script is multi-state, executed by each spawned player, and cannot be suspended/terminated externally.
  • RETURN clearly won't change anything at all, other than when the player script is running (on map return in a hub rather than first entry).

I read them like 20 times in the last 10 minutes.
I tried terminate, suspend, everything. NOTHING WORKS.

I just wanna make it where it'll terminate when I activate an object.

Look, i think there its no way to stop the script if you give it the behavior "Enter" so suspend wouldnt work.

its been a long time i mapped for zdoom/gzdoom format, but the way i would do this, first the script that its a timer to kill the player would make it a "(void) script" and i would activated it by a line that player cross from start or by picking up an item, so now if you use the "suspend" behavior would work because your script its (Void) nature. give it a try in the way i tell you im sure that should work

Enderkevin13 said:

One more question, how many ticks equal a minute?

well you know that 1 min its equal to 60 secs and you know that 35 tics its 1 sec, so you only need to do the following

60 * 35 = and you will get the answer you look for

Enderkevin13 said:

Enderkevin13 said:

Are we talking stopwatch or torsion pendulum clock?

You know as well as I do the only answer to that is to place both time-keeping apparatuses on sturdy boats and sail them across the Atlantic, from one continental plate to the opposite plate, then we'll decide whose time-keeping is more accurate. ;)

For those who are calling me lazy for asking math related stuff:

1. I didn't know about the search function until later.
2. Math has never liked me. :c

Anyways, I'm having trouble with slopes.
I use GZDB now, and I started using the "Slopes" tab for slopes.
Thing is, there are no slopes.

Anyway to fix this and get the slopes to appear?

TheCupboard said:

You know as well as I do the only answer to that is to place both time-keeping apparatuses on sturdy boats and sail them across the Atlantic, from one continental plate to the opposite plate, then we'll decide whose time-keeping is more accurate. ;)

Will the boats be moving fast enough for Doppler shift to influence the results?

Gez said:

8571 tics.

Gez said:

What is this supposed to mean? Are you simply posting some randomly erroneous numbers, or did you do it based on some drift that the Doom tics might have from the expected 1/35 second?

A tic lasts 1/35th of a second, right? So how many milliseconds does that make? 28.571428571428571428571428571429... milliseconds. Problem is, not many OSes/libraries let you use floating point values for milliseconds in waiting and synchronizing functions, so a tic ends up lasting exactly 28 milliseconds. So 35 tics end up lasting only 0.98 seconds.

Gez said:

A tic lasts 1/35th of a second, right? So how many milliseconds does that make? 28.571428571428571428571428571429... milliseconds. Problem is, not many OSes/libraries let you use floating point values for milliseconds in waiting and synchronizing functions, so a tic ends up lasting exactly 28 milliseconds. So 35 tics end up lasting only 0.98 seconds.

I can't tell if this is a troll or not.