Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

good game

i thougth the new duke nukem game would be a shitty game just to pull in some quick cash for 3drealms, hell they are alomost bankrupt cause of duke4. however i was wrong, it is a very good game and at a very good price, $20 US. I think this is the most recent dukegame that does justice to the originals. and unlike time to kill and land of the babes it is PC only, as far as i know. it is setup as a side scrolling game. it is the best of the new with the best of the old. i may not have been a big fan of newer duke games but i say this one rocks! so if u see it get it, i think it was worth my time and money. the only thing i really did not like is the console like game saves.

also anyone know what engine 3drealms used for the game

Hrm, I don't think 3drealms developed Manhattan project.

They used the Prism3D engine, you know, they credit it in the documentation and there's a bunch of files called Prism3D.* in the install.

It is a great game. I'm not too fond of the PSX specific games but Zero Hour is a fucking blast and Duke3D is one of the greatest FPS games ever made, with easily one of the top 5 DMs of all time.

It's 10x better with a good gamepad, and again I might as well mention I have a PSX Dual Shock plugged straight into my PC. =)

i would like to see ID do a newer keen game in that manner. and i think it would be neat if a doomTC was made that way.

also a number of years ago there was a quake TC which was a side scroller. It was very good too. if anyone knows what it is called and were i can downlaod it tell me( no it is not like doom land, it uses the quake1 game and engine)