Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

*** The "ask a miscellaneous editing question" thread ***

EDIT: Nevermind, I misunderstood. If you need them to be reusable I would build doors from 3D floors also and do Floor Raise/Lower By Value actions and play the door sounds alongside it.

One problem will be that the player will get closed on and the door won't re-open automatically, and also the texture for the door won't scroll properly unless you also move the control sector's ceiling at the same time.

Edited by Nevander

If your door is on the ground floor, you could always make a door that opens downwards. But if not, then yeah, what Nevander said.

A door will raise up to 8 units below the lowest surrounding ceiling. So you can extend your door to a dummy sector with a ceiling at the proper height.

And you can use attached sectors so that the door that moves is actually a 3D floor itself, allowing you to stack doors.

Where do you find those tags? I tried searching for them in GZDoom Builder but I never got any results.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it, it's actually "End Normal" in UDMF.

The name that the editor gives them depends entirely on the editor's configuration (not on the map format), but you can always use the number (such as 243 for Exit_Normal) and then the editor should recognize it.

Is there a way how to make dynamic lights not shine trough wall in different sector? Not explain what i mean (because of my silly english) here is picture where you can see red DL from different sector how is shine trough a wall in different sector. I look on line actions and seems like there nothing what can block these lights. Is there a some way that can help?

Spoiler

1310428981_map01(editarea)at2018_09.2614-34-05.314R3039.jpg.3db875f1bb214dfe9a817749ab92bba1.jpg

As  a user option, you can enable this for one-sided lines only, but in general, and as a modding feature, no.

What you can try:

• Use smaller lights
  • Use thicker walls
  • Try to figure out how to use spotlights instead of pointlights (I can't help you for that, I have no idea)

Thank you for helping @Gez. I've Been lurking on wiki and trying something on GZDB, nothing. Would be nice have feature like this

I feel a bit silly for asking this, I hope you forgive me and maybe have an answer to this:

When drawing a line in GzDoom Builder, how can I undo just 1 Step. When I press ctrl+z it removes the whole line. Also, when I press control, the last part of the line becomes a dark red. What's this for?

1 hour ago, elend said:

When drawing a line in GzDoom Builder, how can I undo just 1 Step.

Backspace while drawing.

If you do ctrl+backspace while drawing, it undoes the steps in reverse order (oldest to newest, versus newest to oldest).

On 9/26/2018 at 10:24 AM, Marlamir said:

Thank you for helping @Gez. I've Been lurking on wiki and trying something on GZDB, nothing. Would be nice have feature like this

The problem is that that's a technical limitation of the engine, so there's nothing you can do about it, unless someone manages to find a way around it.

I hope this fits right in here:

I have a question about lighting in Doom and its sourceports. I noticed a big difference in brightness between my GzDoom setup and screenshots of the original IWADS run in chocolate Doom or original DOS even. And no matter what kind of brightness, contrast and sector light mode settings I choose, it never looks like the original Doom. Why is that?

Also, how does the lighting in GzDoom Builder's Visual Mode compare to GzDoom itself? I am making my level nice and moody only to find out that it is either too dark or too bright and with no real contrast between light and dark. :/

The difference is the renderer. For Chocolate, PRBoom, Eternity, and ZDoom, the game uses the software renderer. GLBoom and GZDoom use the OpenGL renderer, which will cause the game to look very different, usually brighter.

GZDBuilder's visual mode isn't a substitute for any settings in GZDoom, because GZD can have several different sector light modes, most of which are far brighter than what the visual mode shows you. The best way to see how it looks is to see it in-game.

Okay, I see. Since I use dynamic lights, everybody will and should play the map in OpenGL renderer then anyway, right? Then I'll try to optimize the map for that.

Is there a way in SLADE to import all contents of a chosen WAD file at the current selected lump?

For example, say I have a map saved in map.wad and a bunch of resource lumps in mod.wad. I would like to import the contents of map.wad into mod.wad in one function (versus opening map.wad, selecting all lumps, then copy pasting over).

This would be very helpful for WAD compiling and would help prevent copy mistakes.

No, there are no archive merge functions at the moment.

Note that selecting all lumps can be done quickly: select the first, then hit Shift+End on your keyboard, and tada, all lumps selected.

Or click any lump to bring the focus to the lump list, and then CTRL-A will select all. This trick will work just about anywhere (Notepad, your browser, etc.), which is why I recommend it.

There are also CTRL-C for Copy, CTRL-V for Paste, CTRL-X for Cut (copies and deletes), CTRL-Z for Undo, and CTRL-Y for Redo.

Edited by Empyre

20 minutes ago, Krull said:

Custom crusher options for Boom don't work, what gives?

How doesn't it work? What are you trying and what port are you trying it in? Can you post an example so it can be diagnosed? 

45 minutes ago, Krull said:

Custom crusher options for Boom don't work, what gives?

It's a bug; generalised W1/WR crusher actions will do nothing whatsoever in Boom, PrBoom+ etc. (but they'll work fine in ZDoom and co.).

So, from time to time I get this kind of error. What is it, why does it happen? Something wrong with my GzDoom Builder? :(

Spoiler

error.jpg.f2e4837c0cddb57b5efa3cac07ff8e52.jpg