Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

*** The "ask a miscellaneous editing question" thread ***

@Spectre01 It's fixable but you need to give the renderer a reason to clip the seg. Anything that changes the floor will do it, such as a different light value, height or floor texture. Remember, mid textures and sprites are designed to overdraw flats, it wont slice a midtexture if it has no reason to.

How do I run Doom Builder X?

Do I first need to put all the DBX files in my GZDoomBuilder folder since it's a fork of that?

DBX isn't a fork of GZDB, it's a fork of DB2. Just extract all the DBX find in a new folder and run it from there.

17 minutes ago, Rince-wind said:

But how DO I run it?

What do I need to click and where?

Double click its executable. Same with any program.

1 hour ago, Rince-wind said:

There is no executable, istead there's a .ISS file in the Setup folder

Setup folder? ISS? Whatever you downloaded, it's not DBX. (Did you accidentally download the source code instead?) 
Go here, click the bottom download link: 

You'll then be granted with a ZIP file that looks like this:

134a8c3e1a.png

Which as you'll notice has a regular normal executable, Builder.exe, which you can run when the zip file is fully extracted to a new folder.

Edited by Edward850

How do I change a floor/ceiling texture using ACS?

I tried searching for a function, but couldn't find anything under Sector, Flat or Texture on the ZDoom Wiki.

Quick little question. I've been away from DOOM map making for a while, and I feel dumb now. I've mainly used UDMF previously but am working on my first Boom compatible map (Doom Builder X). I'm trying to just make a standard lift with the function of raising the floor, wait, and then lower it again. I can't remember having issues with this in UDMF but I can't for the life of me find the linedef to do it in Boom. In this case it'll be a repeatable walk-over linedef, but I guess it won't hurt to know the switch version either.

Any clues?

E: I'm half expecting to be told Boom doesn't support it, but if that's the case I can at least know I should stop looking for the solution.

Edited by Malefication

Outdoor texture tips to make it less brown looking. I'm sure I asked about floor damages earlier but now I'm looking for ways to make more pleasing to the eyes.

Screenshot_Doom_20190904_155637.png

Changing the liquid from brown to a blue or green one would help. Making use of differently coloured rock textures here and there, adding some height variation to the 'outline' of your rock formations will make it more interesting, and lastly adding some waterfalls will help to break up the monotony of the rocks. :)

I'm curious to known if there is a way how can one change through idk mapinfo or gldefs or something how fog mode in gzdoom work make it less "agressive or like in prboom for example. is that somehow possible?

Thank you Gez but it seems like fogdensity and outsidefogdensity doesnt do anything no matter the value i give the fog is still the same. To understand fully i would like to know if i can make the default gzdoom (standart) fog mode to be less darker in distance i'm not speaking about the udmf fog for example

I think what you're talking about is actually light diminishing, so try playing around with the lightmodes to find one you like.

In decorate, how do I make the chaingun fire twice as fast (where one click of the fire button makes it fire four times) and the rocket launcher twice as slow?

To make it fire twice as fast or twice as slow, just change the duration of the states.

To make it fire four times per click instead of two, add more states to the A_FireCGun line before it calls A_ReFire.

e.g., vanilla chaingun:

Fire:
     CHGG AB 4 A_FireCGun
     CHGG B 0 A_ReFire
     Goto Ready

Faster chaingun that shoots in burst of four:

Fire:
     CHGG ABAB 2 A_FireCGun
     CHGG B 0 A_ReFire
     Goto Ready

State durations are halved (2 instead of 4), and you have four states instead of just two (ABAB instead of just AB).

For the rocket launcher, likewise. Here is its vanilla code:

Fire:
    MISG B 8 A_GunFlash
    MISG B 12 A_FireMissile
    MISG B 0 A_ReFire
    Goto Ready

So a slowed-down version:

Fire:
    MISG B 16 A_GunFlash
    MISG B 24 A_FireMissile
    MISG B 0 A_ReFire
    Goto Ready

This is all that you need to make your changes functional. To make them look good, you'd also need to adjust the flash states, since they're now no longer in sync. Also, for bonus points, base it on the Smooth Doom rocket launcher instead, because a slowed-down animation is probably going to need the extra frames more.

@Gez

Thank you very much!

What does the AB mean though?

Also, for the Chaingun flash:

Flash:
     CHGF A 5 Bright A_Light1
     Goto LightDone
     CHGF B 5 Bright A_Light1
     Goto LightDone

Do I need to change A and B or the numbers?

I am attempting to replacing the Cyberdemon's sprites in Doom format graphics (in SLADE 3 of course), but after I put the pain/death frames of that custom cyberdemon, PRBoom+ just said this:

R_InstallSpriteLump: Bad frame characters in lump 3010

Any possible fixes?

6 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I am attempting to replacing the Cyberdemon's sprites in Doom format graphics (in SLADE 3 of course), but after I put the pain/death frames of that custom cyberdemon, PRBoom+ just said this:

R_InstallSpriteLump: Bad frame characters in lump 3010

Any possible fixes?

That is not surprising, since PRBoom+ can only use the resources of the original DOOM.

The fix is to use GZDoom to have the DECORATE lump recognized.

Or, if you want to absolutely use PRBoom+, then replace the original cybie sprites with yours using Slade3. If you also want to change the original behaviour of the cybie to something else, that you can do with WhackED by making a DEHACKED (deh) lump.

Edited by Kappes Buur

Idk if luck hates me but im here with another issue. I would like to use mortiser texture pack but everytime i want test it and see in game i get this:

Screenshot_2.png.195779d8a6908e280cafeb79c1f6a5e9.png

I tried to rebuild texture1 with patches but its still the same. I can see every texture correctly in editor and its in boom format. oh and sky3 is not used and its not in pack as well