rdwpa

*** The "ask a miscellaneous editing question" thread ***

16 hours ago, Galathrax said:

Sorry for filling this place with basic questions today, but I had another one.

No need to apologize; I would say this is the right thread for "basic" questions. Besides, better to ask a question than to remain confused, in my opinion, even you do eventually figure it out on your own.

On 4/21/2018 at 11:29 AM, Marlamir said:

if im understand this correctly you trying to replace weapon. Try to wrote this: bfg9000 replaces bfg9000 instead, it should work.

This is what I have in decorate.

actor newbfg9000 : bfg9000 replaces bfg9000

I'm trying to import new textures into patchtex, which contains no textures of its own, only patches. Adding new textures to TEXTURE1/PNAMES works but it breaks all the 'mega switch' patches. You can see what I mean below: a 256x128 mega switch created in patchtex displays as a boring old 64x128 switch, with the patchtex modifications rendered inaccessible - even though you can see they display in the search panel on the right. Adding the new textures to TEXTURE2 so as to avoid modifying the patchtex stuff doesn't work either.

swi.png

The texture might be duplicated, that is, there might be 2 or more textures with the same name in your TEXTURE1/TEXTURE2. Open TEXTURE1/2 in SLADE3 and find and delete the superfluous textures.

14 hours ago, Zemini said:

You also need to define new player class and add this new weapon to a weapon slot. Look here

15 hours ago, Zemini said:

Take a look a Wildweasel's tutorial, especially the second half where he explains the replaces keyword.