Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rdwpa

*** The "ask a miscellaneous editing question" thread ***

10 hours ago, KVELLER said:

Do you have any good reason not to use UDMF?

SArais.

... Okay, that's a bad argument and even worse as a joke. A true version might be that as a "native" Vanilla/Boom mapper, UDMF is a sore for me to even look at. No one's fault other than me, guess adjusting to something like this, quite a huge leap from the one stuff I am used to, isn't something that goes like piece of cake from one day to another.

Anyways, thanks for your advice @Gez, I think I'll make good use of FraggleScript at some time.

hi

What I need to write in a DeHackEd file so the zombies/sergeants/chaingunners don't drop ammo when killed?

(I'm making a boom compatible map)

Switch the zombies with the tall green torch, the sergeants with the tall blue torch, and the chaingunners with the tall red torch. Copy all the states, flags, and values from the one to the other and vice-versa. Then when you kill a zombie, it won't drop anything (since tall green torches don't drop anything) and when you kill a tall green torch it will drop a clip but you can't kill them since they're torches.

You can even switch their editor numbers around so that you won't have to do any change to your editor configuration.

You can do that with whatever other decorative item you want if torches aren't convenient for whatever reason.

Note that this is the kind of things you have to do whenever you want to exploit one of the hardcoded behaviors tied to mobj type classes rather than mobj flags. Like the cyberdemon's immunity to blast damage or the arch-vile never being targeted for infighting.

Been experimenting with DECORATE for some time to use in Heretic, and one of the things I'm having issues to get it work is "Weapon.AmmoUse". What I want is to change the amount of ammo tomed weapons use per shot. Originally, tomed dragon claw uses 5 orbs, and I want it to be 10. Similar with the tomed crossbow to spend 2 amount of ammo. Thing is, I can't get that to work, here's what I did:

actor BlasterPowered1 : BlasterPowered replaces BlasterPowered
{
	Weapon.AmmoUse 10
}

Then I tested it and still spent 5 orbs instead of 10. I tried copy/pasting the definition from the wiki and only changing the property's value, but didn't work. I hope someone could help me.

I have a hunch that your BlasterPowered1 is not really replacing BlasterPowered as the sister weapon for the Blaster after all. Try adding this to the code you posted above.

actor Blaster1 : Blaster replaces Blaster
{
  Weapon.SisterWeapon "BlasterPowered1"
}

Yeah. "replaces" only works with stuff that is spawned in the world.

You'll need to replace the basic weapon, but also update the player class so that the player doesn't get the vanilla weapon when using a cheat code.

You need to have an impact-activated line effect on them. And then, it depends on the texture change. If you're using a switch texture, it should change automatically; otherwise you'll have to give your lines an individual line ID and have the script change their texture however you want.

What's the best way to encourage monsters to use their missile/projectile attack less often than the default?

Currently I have the Missile state be a randomspawner with the actual projectile attack having a 25% chance otherwise it skips straight back to the See state, is there a simpler way?