Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Hansen

THT: Threnody - released!

Personally, this is my very first participation to the community project with other players. It was really great to hear opinions and feedback comments for my levels from other members, and it was even more interesting to play & give comments about the levels from other contributors of this project. Everybody did the great job to remember our essential pillar of the community.

I want to say thank you to Chris, Fonze, Mechadon, rdwpa, and rhinoduck for giving various opinions such as feedback comments, FDA records, and bug reports for my levels. And of course, thank you to Eris Falling for composing such awesome remix of The Legion of Lost. When I heard that soundtrack for the first time from Chris' thread, I was like "I must use this soundtrack for my next level."

Rest in Peace, Ty. Thank you for maintaining idgames archive for a long time. I hope you like our work to tribute you.

Remember that problem with MAP12: Wormhell, with the invalid textures caused by some issue in Doom Builder.

Unfortunatley Zdoom is reporting the same invalid textures in MAP12. I thought I fixed the map in a beta from before and sent it to Christian but it is back again.

I might consider fixing this myself and reupload this to idgames. Those invalid textures need to be replaced with -

Press F3 to open the Find and replace in Doom Builder

Search type: Sidedef Texture

Replace '' with -
Replace SLAD10 with -
Replace -1 with -

Save the map and it should work in earlier source ports.

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys!

@Paul: I mentioned it to Fonze and he reassured me that it was on purpose. He can probably explain it better than me. In short: It shouldn't be nessecary to fix it or reupload the wad.

Chris Hansen said:

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys!

@Paul: I mentioned it to Fonze and he reassured me that it was on purpose. He can probably explain it better than me. In short: It shouldn't be nessecary to fix it or reupload the wad.

Bit of a shame because I'm sure this will prevent this .wad from running in earlier versions of Boom or sourceports that will crash due to invalid texture names. Apart from that the rest is all good and it was a pleasure to work on this and contribute original music and two new maps, possibly my last two maps but who knows, maybe I'll change my mind.

Well I hope these won't be your last two maps Paul; you've cranked out some great stuff over the years and it'd be a shame to lose you!

As for the unknown textures, I misunderstood before and thought you were referring to the missing textures. I do appreciate you taking the time to fix it before, but I believe it was also in a previous version that hadn't been updated in the main wad. Of course this is no problem in newer versions of source ports, such as our target port, but somehow I can't leave well-enough alone thinking that something so minor could prevent it from running. Chris, if you want, here's a fixed version in case this bothers you as much as it does me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/boklfz81e3rn5oq/WormHell_CantLeaveWellEnoughAlone.wad?dl=1

Fonze said:

Well I hope these won't be your last two maps Paul; you've cranked out some great stuff over the years and it'd be a shame to lose you! https://www.dropbox.com/s/boklfz81e3rn5oq/WormHell_CantLeaveWellEnoughAlone.wad?dl=1

I'll be here to stay supporting the community even if I stop mapping, I'll still be around giving feedback.

We'll see. As you noticed I have made far less maps in recent times. Just 3 maps this year, 2 for this project and 1 for another. Doomed Space Wars was released nearly a year ago, followed by the Pcorf Community Project 2 in November 2015.

I might still contribute to occasional community projects and I'll still be around to the day I die supporting this great game and playing maps even though I am making way less maps these days. I'm married now and also want to focus more on my other creative tasks such as making new music.

I have downloaded your new version, Fonze... and of course I will update and re-upload the project! Who am I to argue against you two fine people! :D In fact, I already have uploaded it and we'll just have to wait until it gets accepted into the archives.

Sorry to hassle you Chris, but if you haven't updated the wad already, this little box on the automap of MAP08 should be marked as hidden. Thanks once again for handling all this work (aka nonsense) in our stead! I really hope to play through this thing soon!

Hey guys, I just wanted to confirm that the finalized version is now on /idgames? I'm going to start a ZDaemon server with it on Doomshack.org and wanted to be sure it's the right file before I do so :)

dobu gabu maru said:

Sorry to hassle you Chris, but if you haven't updated the wad already, this little box on the automap of MAP08 should be marked as hidden. Thanks once again for handling all this work (aka nonsense) in our stead! I really hope to play through this thing soon!

Ugh, yeah, that's kinda ugly in an otherwise flawless pwad! However, I'm not too keen on uploading a new version just yet if this is the only thing that needs attention as it's still a very minor thing and it's not exactly gamebreaking. If other things pop up and a new upload is required I will of course fix this issue.

Doomkid said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to confirm that the finalized version is now on /idgames? I'm going to start a ZDaemon server with it on Doomshack.org and wanted to be sure it's the right file before I do so :)

That sounds great! But I'd hold off until the new version is in the archives if I were you. It looks like it hasn't been updated yet. Keep an eye on it, the old version is date stamped 31/7 and the new one is 1/8.

Chris Hansen said:

That sounds great! But I'd hold off until the new version is in the archives if I were you. It looks like it hasn't been updated yet. Keep an eye on it, the old version is date stamped 31/7 and the new one is 1/8.

At the very least, the copy on gamers.org itself (the Virginia mirror on the Doomworld frontend) is up to date. It should spread to the other mirrors by the end of the day, but in the meantime, you can get it there.

Chris Hansen said:

If other things pop up and a new upload is required I will of course fix this issue.

Yup, that's what I was intending—thanks!

Alrighty, will be sure the time stamp is right and will have the server up by the end of the day!

MAP06 : Cut Throat has a sky transfer bug in the pit with the chainsaw.

EDIT: You also forgot to put Gridlock on the CREDIT graphic for making one of the MIDIs.

Ohh man, joe. Couldn't you have found those bugs almost a month ago when I first sent you guys the alpha? I feel being the grumpy old dad and yell at you, but perhaps you were busy or on vacation or something. But thanks for sharing them even if they are kinda late. Anyway, as I said to dobu, these bugs aren't major and I'll wait and see if other things appear before uploading a hotfixed version.

I was looking at the TXT file and he was credited, so I assumed he was credited anywhere else in the wad, now as I'm up to upload the soundtrack onto youtube I have to use the WAD's title graphics and only then I saw it.

Hey guys, just want to say, I am 5 levels in and this is totally awesome. Classic gameplay with slightly bigger maps, very nice. Thanks for the release and I will let you know if I stumble upon anything during my playthrough.

There are no tracks named "Habitat" in TNT. There is a level named Habitat. Its track is "AimShootKill", by Tom Mustaine.

Thanks for clearing that up! We had a lot of problems trying to remember where that midi came from :)

joe-ilya said:

MAP06 : Cut Throat has a sky transfer bug in the pit with the chainsaw.

http://i.imgur.com/Ao01hOb.png

EDIT: You also forgot to put Gridlock on the CREDIT graphic for making one of the MIDIs.

Easy fix. Set a sky transfer but don't tag it (tag 0). Then all the 0 tag sectors will get sky transfers.

Currently on map 11. These are some very cool techbases. Dobu's level was a total mindf though. Was so confused, but somehow made it to the exit lol. Good stuff, guys!

EDIT: Map 12, this is a friggin awesome idea. There was one thing that annoyed me though. Do we really need a spawner here?

JohnnyTheWolf said:

Any chance of a widescreen version of the custom HUD?

Potentially, though I've never made a wide-screen HUD before. What exactly would I need to do? Just pad out it's width? And would I need to make it a separate wad?