Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

Explosion in China

I know this happened 4 days ago, but I have only seen this just yesterday. The sheer power of the blast is really something to behold. It must have been absolutely terrifying.

There's something to be learned here. If you see a massive explosion; hit the floor and stay away from windows. Because the blast wave takes a few moments to catch up; and it could probably slam you back into the wall. A lot of the people filming were caught off guard by that. At first they were mesmerized by the glow, but then they were rattled by the impact of the wave.

The delay in the sound is what spooked the shit out of me there. What actually exploded? It didn't look like a bomb to me. It looks more like a power station or something with lots of petrol just waiting to go off. Even one drop of petrol will torch your entire garden if it sets off.

Kontra Kommando said:

The facility had been accused of violating safety standards in the past.

Does that even mean anything in China?

Wow, those are some huge explosions.

Kontra Kommando said:

The facility had been accused of violating safety standards in the past.

Safety standards in China??? Hahaha XD

The facility probably couldn't stand being filmed in 9:16 instead of 16:9 any longer and decided to commit suicide.

Today I learned that Chinese people use English profanity when they see an enormous fireball explosion.

I can't help but be amused by the thought of thousands of people holding up their phones and saying "HORY SHIIET!" or "OH MY GAAHH!" in unison.

Stygian said:

I can't help but be amused by the thought of thousands of people holding up their phones and saying "HORY SHIIET!" or "OH MY GAAHH!" in unison.

And that guy who was like HOLEE SHEEIT in the thickest American accent ever.

VGames said:

Looks like somebody's getting executed over this one.

Probably all the witnesses and survivors.

boris said:

The facility probably couldn't stand being filmed in 9:16 instead of 16:9 any longer and decided to commit suicide.

All of them, goddamit. I don't think I've seen a vertical one yet.

Also many foreigners seem to live and work around that industrial area, so those excited English slurs probably weren't uttered by Chinese.

Am i the only one bothered by the act that those people in the second video are laughing their ass off, while having fun filming pure death and carnage ?

dew said:

Also many foreigners seem to live and work around that industrial area, so those excited English slurs probably weren't uttered by Chinese.

I'm really only referring to the third video. I just like the idea that American English is the international language for expressing awe at giant explosions.

Seems the Chinese are having a hard time ignoring the incompetence of the communist party after this disaster.

Stygian said:

Seems the Chinese are having a hard time ignoring the incompetence of the communist party after this disaster.

Yeah, too bad the communist party is competent enough at shutting down unruly blogs and newspapers, because they've been taking them down at an amazing speed. Looks like the entire world has more information than people in China.

FireFish said:

Am i the only one bothered by the act that those people in the second video are laughing their ass off, while having fun filming pure death and carnage ?

No, you are not. What's next, some dipshit filming a small nuclear explosion with his phone and getting a moderate radiation dose?

Glaice said:

No, you are not. What's next, some dipshit filming a small nuclear explosion with his phone and getting a moderate radiation dose?

Well if he were recording I'd DEFINITELY hope he'd get a radiation dose for his trouble.

I find this hilarious, seriously, China won't tolerate North Korea's attempt to start a nuclear war against South Korea, yet this type of things they allow to happen, seems like they still haven't learned from their mistakes.
It's no wonder that China is following the previously Soviet Union(now Russia) methods.
But then again, politics suck, so i don't care since Humanity is fucked up, why bother, just let themselves kill each other.
Not to mention this thread is doomed, oh well.

bro #1: "FANTASTIC IDEA, BRO!"
bro #2: "WHATS THAT, BRU?"
bro #1: "LET'S RUN TOWARDS IT, BRAH!!!!"

That was pretty much the sum of the second video.

Yea, I think its douchy that the guy filming in the second video was callously amused by the explosion. But as it go more intense, he started to panic. I guess he didn't think it was so funny after all. Their laughing, and arrogance turned into genuine terror. I even think the girl started crying after chuckling a bit earlier.

With regards to the second video, I think it's a natural reaction for people to laugh when they are nervous, surprised or otherwise confronted by events that are well outside of their usual experience and its normal not to feel a tremendous amount of empathy for complete strangers as well.

Stygian said:

I think it's a natural reaction for people to laugh when they are nervous, surprised or otherwise confronted by events that are well outside of their usual experience

1 - If a big ass factory explodes, close enough to hit you with a shock-wave, and a fireball the size of a small town shoots into the air... one laughs ?

2 - did people laugh on 911 videos when standing close enough to feel the impact ?

3 - fukushima, or any major accident ?

I think those are situations well beyond the nervous laugh where your survival instincts should kick in and amp you up to super humans on adrenaline.

Stygian said:

and its normal not to feel a tremendous amount of empathy for complete strangers as well.

this i cant deny, i cant feel anything for some random stranger his or her death somewhere on the planet...

laughing is a perfectly acceptable reaction to trauma. I once watched a guy lose a finger to a machine in a chicken factory. He was very quiet, looked at the squirting stump where his favorite finger used to be, and laughed.

think of it as nervous giggles +1. The throwing up comes later.

darknation said:

laughing is a perfectly acceptable reaction to trauma. I once watched a guy lose a finger to a machine in a chicken factory. He was very quiet, looked at the squirting stump where his favorite finger used to be, and laughed.

think of it as nervous giggles +1. The throwing up comes later.

The second video just bothers me beyond belief, mainly because they all sound like really bad B rank actors attempting to fake surprise while having a sarcastic tone while also laughing like madmen.

I know about some people ending up in a weird denial state where they kind of laugh with themselves in situations where they experience unexpected and sudden harm, but this does not stroke with the survival state most people go into when so close to a deadly disaster on a huge scale.

For the rest i am going to retreat from posting here to avoid unwanted attention, or trouble along the line.

SavageCorona said:

The delay in the sound is what spooked the shit out of me there.

There's a propagation delay of about 4.7 seconds per mile before the sound wave hits, which is plenty of time to find cover if you have your wits about you.

What actually exploded? It didn't look like a bomb to me.

A shitload of volatile chemicals. I don't know what the mixture was, but the fact that there were firemen on-site trying to douse a chemical fire with water is believed to have been a contributing factor.