Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Doom 3 shipping with...

Well, RtCW didn't ship with Wolf3d and SoD, so my guess is no.
Half of the people buying Doom 3 probably wouldn't even install the old games.
But there'll hopefully be some sort of "New Collector's Edition" sometime.

I think it would be a cool feature to be able to play the origial doom from a computer terminal within the actual game, Day of the Tentacle style.

Although maybe it wouldn't really fit into the atmosphere of the game, but hey it was just a thought

BattleMaster said:

I think it would be a cool feature to be able to play the origial doom from a computer terminal within the actual game, Day of the Tentacle style.

Although maybe it wouldn't really fit into the atmosphere of the game, but hey it was just a thought

I had the exact same thought the other day :)

Zaldron said:

What for?

Because it'd be FUN of course, silly ;-)

I really think it would be a really awesome feature with a computer terminal in DOOM 3 where you could play the old DOOM so don't get me wrong, but I've thought about it recently and I find it very hard to believe that DOOM would be able run in a scripted form. Sure, their scripting system is advanced, but I really doubt it supports memory allocation and such things. Not to mention the fact that even DOOM would run slowly in such a form. If they were to put that easter egg in DOOM 3, I assume it would have to be in a very simple form with most game logic taken out.

Hmm, id can incorporate the Doom 1 and 2 into the 3. Imagine the Fobos Station, then the working comp on it, then you come alone as marine, and then its a Doom menu on the screen...

Yeah its too weird but
thats the way to remember good old days
at the same place...

I'd rather use that space for SDK documentation since, you know, we all already have the old Dooms... :P

Maybe the scripting system could support running an outside program? Actually that would be lame,....hrm maybe in one of the missions you teleport to an abandoned base or something and it is Map01 or something? Or some other map. A thought anyways.