Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
scifista42

ACS refuses to compile because of CheckSight function

I wrote a ZDoom ACS script and tried to compile it in SLADE3, but it gave me this error message:

Function checksight is used but not defined.
I thought that my ACC compiler might need updating. So, just a few minutes ago, I went to ZDoom's download page, downloaded ACC 1.54 Windows Version, pasted all 5 files (acc.exe + 4 files with .acs suffix) to the location stated in SLADE3's "Preferences -> Scripting -> ACS", made sure that the files were actually updated in that location, and restarted SLADE3.

When I tried to compile my script again, it gave me the exact same error as before. What do I actually need to do?

ACC 1.54 is not the newest version, so:
1. Download ACC source.
2. Replace your "zdefs.acs" and "zspecial.acs" with the ones, which come with it.

Out of curiosity, I've also downloaded ACC 1.54, set it up in Slade3, hit "Compile ACS" and:

Line 189 in file "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\SLADE3\SOURCE.acs" ...
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\SLADE3\SOURCE.acs:189: Incorrect number of arguments.
>    CheckSight(0,839))
>                    ^
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\SLADE3\SOURCE.acs:189: Invalid statement.
>    CheckSight(0,839)) 
>                     ^
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\SLADE3\SOURCE.acs:189: Invalid statement.
>    CheckSight(0,839)) 
> 

SLADE3 hinted me that the 3rd parameter was optional. But even after I've added the third parameter (0), the error message didn't change.

Added the zero parameter and it compiles fine with SLADE.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/6mshpj
Are you using SLADE 3.1.0.4? And ACS 1.54 with the 3 acs files and the cfg in the same folder?

Name Size Type Attr

acc.cfg 478 bytes CFG File -a----
acc.exe 65 KB Application -a----
zcommon.acs 480 bytes Microsoft Agent Character File -a----
zdefs.acs 32 KB Microsoft Agent Character File -a----
zspecial.acs 9,96 KB Microsoft Agent Character File -a----
zwvars.acs 240 bytes Microsoft Agent Character File -a----

EDIT: Make sure you're not using any include paths in SLADE's Script configuration. Just set the exe location.

EDIT: That cfg file has to do with Gzdoombuilder, I don't think you actually need that, heh.

I am using SLADE 3.1.0 beta 4. Files in my ACC folder are just as you say, except that acc.exe has only 60 KB. There are no include paths in the configuration.

Thanks for the compiled script. I've discovered practical mistakes in the algorithm, I have edited the code and will need to compile it again. I hope I will become able to do it myself this time.

I have used updateacs with wget. The files actually got updated. Still no improvement, though, even after restarting SLADE3.

Here is the new, slightly modified code, fixing a minor error (angles of spawned monsters). Somebody please compile it, if you can. It's the last time.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1vuezr

Thanks! I was eventually able to compile the script using your acc.exe (it's bigger and different from all the other ones I've been trying), but only after I exported the script and compiled it directly via command prompt rather than via SLADE3.

scifista42 said:

it's bigger and different from all the other ones I've been trying

That's not the first time I've heard that.

*nudge nudge*

EDIT: It was in my Gzdoombuilder installation, don't remember if I put it there or the installer. It says "This is version 1.54 (Mar 10 2015)"

FWIW, compiling scripts with Slade3 has not been without problems for me, even though the link was to the latest acc files.

I never had any problem(s) compiling scripts with GZDoom Builder, using the same acc files as with Slade3.

I don't know why the discrepancy, just one of those things, I guess.

VGA said:

It says "This is version 1.54 (Mar 10 2015)"

Another change in r2382 is dynamic grid sizing.
As one zooms in the grid is adjusted, which, of course, can be toggled on or off.