Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inkie

A Birthday Map Thread

My birthday happens to be September 9th, I'll be 21. Consider this a random excuse to map.

There are no themes nor real constraints. Only that it is boom compatible. You may include custom textures or whatever, as long as it is bundled into the wad, so I don't have to think when loading it up to play.

You have until now til Sep. 9th. I may bundle them into a single compilation wad if I feel like it.

I've never released a map before, so i am gonna make sure you bear the brunt of my work, cya in a month, comrade

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Man what the fuck, nobody made maps for my birthday on the 8th

...But I'll still try and crank something cool out for you man

Fisk said:

Man what the fuck, nobody made maps for my birthday on the 8th

...But I'll still try and crank something cool out for you man

If you don't tell anyone, no one will make a map for you. For example mine is the 28th of March. No one on doomworld knew until now (afaik), and I have not had a map made for me in the years I've been on doomworld.

well i messed up bro, i thought the post said sep 19th. Crap. Either way, the maps not good in more than a few ways, but i will just send you it anyway, and hope you enjoy this (shitty, untextured, abruptly short) belated present.

Also, it might not even be boom compatible. I made it in UDMF and damned if i ever stop and go back on it. I did enjoy mapping it though, it was good practice.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpwvvxro7vo3y71/Birthing%20Chamber.wad?dl=0

Again, i'm really sorry its so lame and late.

Protester said:

well i messed up bro, i thought the post said sep 19th. Crap. Either way, the maps not good in more than a few ways, but i will just send you it anyway, and hope you enjoy this (shitty, untextured, abruptly short) belated present.

Also, it might not even be boom compatible. I made it in UDMF and damned if i ever stop and go back on it. I did enjoy mapping it though, it was good practice.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpwvvxro7vo3y71/Birthing%20Chamber.wad?dl=0

Again, i'm really sorry its so lame and late.

Its not the prettiest, but it plays decently enough. I like how it switches between two floors. Good effort

ArmouredBlood said:

If you don't tell anyone, no one will make a map for you. For example mine is the 28th of March. No one on doomworld knew until now (afaik), and I have not had a map made for me in the years I've been on doomworld.

this times ten. i've been on here for a decade and nobody knows my b-day. quite frankly, nobody needs to know.

i feel like this phrase applies: "ask not what the DOOM community can do for you — ask what you can do for the DOOM community"..