Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

"Discovering the Essence of DOOM" short video

This video was recently posted - I think it was from a session at E3 that hadn't been publicly available until now? It's just a short clip so it may have been buried inside another one that's already been seen though.

I came. To watch the video I mean, anyways this excites me.

The cover shooter was the worst thing to happen to gameplay possibly ever. I love MGS and tactical games, but if you're in a shooter it's just not a good fit to sit behind a wall and shoot people like in Gears of War. That style of gameplay reached a dead end fast.

I feel like they get it, and this game is going to rock.

Has there ever been a game before with push forward combat? Like exactly what they're talking about.

VGames said:

Has there ever been a game before with push forward combat? Like exactly what they're talking about.

Lots of games I guess, but I'm sure theirs has its own feel to the combat.

When he mentions if you try to hide you get wrecked, I guess games with good AI are like that. Half-Life 2 for example, games that figured out to have them throw grenades at you to get you moving.

Picking up ammo and stuff from enemies is also in Doom, I guess the health being more tied to the enemies is different here. Darkness II for example is a game I played where you kill enemies for health and stuff.

PsychoGoatee said:

I guess games with good AI are like that. Half-Life 2 for example

>Half-Life 2
>good AI
Pick one. Seriously, AI there was ridiculously dumb. Half-Life 1 or FEAR would be much better examples.

Orchid87 said:

>Half-Life 2
>Good AI
Pick one

Source engine provided Half-life 2 with a great AI, Can't choose .