Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breezeep

Somewhere in Irem

Download

This was originally meant to be a speedmap inspired by MAP01 of Memfis' Download.wad, but I managed to finish the layout within 2 hours and I didn't really have enough time to texture the entire map or even do the thing placement and gameplay. I decided to finish up this map at my own pace. This is a fairly small map and it's nothing too hard. Let me know what you think.

Almost forgot: the music that plays in the map is "Reincarnated Soul" from Castlevania Bloodlines.

Looks a promising and gorgeous shite. Download and review later, I'm not on my home computer.

I thought this was named after a particular Iron Maiden album for a second there. Makes me want to make a map called "Somewhere in Thyme".

Oh, the map? I'll download it when I get home.

Nice and easy map, beat it with no deaths and 68% kills in 3:23. I really like the visuals and the layout on this one. Forgot to record an FDA, sorry :P

EDIT: Have a super lazy UV-Pacifist instead, done in 0:57. At least, it should be pacifist.

I'm getting deja vu. kinda funny the amount of authors who have adopted this specific style of mapping recently.

Ribbiks said:

I'm getting deja vu. kinda funny the amount of authors who have adopted this specific style of mapping recently.

Hmm, can you describe what makes this specific style of mapping?

Just had a run through it, I didn't find it that hard though. There is a lot of space and the monsters tend to infight easily, but it was a few minutes of fun. Think my favourite part was after pressing the switch to lower the red key and things start happening, though the various lines of monster attack didn't really overlap to cause much panic. I stayed near the switch killing the stuff up there, and the flying stuff had trouble getting there and the ground stuff was out of sight anyway. After opening the red key door there were a bunch of revs and a manc who were bunched up against the edge of the stairs and couldn't get me. Felt like the monsters in general could have been used a bit more dangerously, but then I dunno what level of difficulty and stress you are aiming for, so it might be fine.

Pretty good map, it was fun and not very hard. I really like the room with all the vines.

Cool map Breezeep.

I do not have any criticisms. Maybe make the yellow key room a bit more tough than having a couple of revenants teleporting in.

I like it overall though, were you aiming for a PLUTONIA-type design in your speedmap?

HMP 100% kills

This is so great! Good gameplay, good difficulty (not too hard, not too easy, as I like) good graphics and good usage of colors! This can be part of some megawad.

I've updated the map.

I made some changes to the monster placement and revised the .txt file. Let me know if there's anything else that needs changing. If not, I'll probably have this sent to Idgames soon enough.

Also, same link as the one above in the OP.

Finally came home and played it. Loved the Castlevania music!

To be honest, I don't understand the level of difficulty at the end and why someone would find this enjoyable. I tried to be very conservative with my ammo and yet when I got the red key all hell broke loose and the amount of monsters that appeared was many times over my ammo. Very soon I found myself with no guns whatsoever, faced with two Revenants, Mancubus, Hell Knight, Baron of Hell and a Lost Soul (as far as I remember).

Just out of curiosity, I did iddqd, to see what's next. Flip a red switch, get ammo (finally) and then face Hell Knight. No way this ammo will let you finish with 100% kills or else this is strictly for professional grade players.

That aside, the layout is wonderful, loved every bit of it.

I had another go at the new version, good stuff. Didn't have a prroblem witth ammo but I was getting some help from the monsters killing each other, I get the feeling this can play quite differently depending on their moods. During the red key battle I was fighting it out in the upstairs area and didn't even notice 2 revs who must have teleported behind me, manc took them both out I think. Thanks manc. Thanc

I wanted to make a demo for this map and it ended up turning into me testing speedrunning.

Pacifist Demo

Also I line skipped twice and the floor got hungry for it ';,,;'

Played this map with Hikari maybe a week ago. Didn't realize it had it's own, recent thread.

I had a lot of fun on this map. It wasn't very difficult; we played on UV I think. Granted we did co-op so it was natually easier, though ammo was more of a problem than in SP. Unfortunately I don't remember too much of it, but I remember it was fun and certainly easier than Monolith.

I'll have to download the most recent version and give it a shot when I can.

FDA. Great visuals, good layout, good gameplay, good music, and the only thing I've found a shame was that there were no secrets. Well done map.