Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
3_nights

Graphical glitch in Doombuilder 1's 3d edit mode?

I know, Doombuilder 1 isn't the most up - to - date utility but i find it servicable for making "WADs" (In the loosest possible use of the term WAD, aside from calling it a Terry) and I'm probably gonna point something out that's been answered before - though not for a lack of searching for an answer myself.

In Doombuilder 1's 3d edit mode, I've been experiencing a weird graphical deformity that makes it difficult to see what the heck i'm doing. It's a slanted polygon stretching from an arbitrary spot on the floor of a sector to an equally arbitrary spot on the ceiling. The color of the slanted thing is a solid color from the flat I'm using on the floor. It doesn't seem to be a fatal error - the level plays fine, and I don't see anything unusual not caused by my own hilarious incompetence. I'm wondering if this is a documented thing? It's quite bothersome to demonstrate my mediocrity at texture selection when this solid block of color is up in my face.

That's an old problem with the 3D renderer. I could sometimes get it to go away by using Windowed 3D mode and/or fiddling with the texture filtering options.

The problem's been resolved. I'm not sure what causes it, but after I deleted a massive placeholder sector and tinkered with the display settings, the thing disappeared. Thx all.

I get some crazy stuff too when I don’t have my sector closed, or when I have the front side of my linedef facing the wrong way. I also have strange things happen when I place a texture and align it improperly in the editor. It is easily fixed when I tinker with the sector or linedef settings.