Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LanHikariDS

Hellbound Revenge (Updated 09/04/2015 10:46a)

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11873539_842613589170410_3201233052029347136_n.png?oh=50828e8f23b0ffb344f75e41d088e803&oe=563A2DB0&
"What comes around goes around"
For 22 years, id Software has thrown wave after wave of hellish creatures at us, for us to fight off. Now, you can repay them the favor. Collect the Demonic Essence from your fallen enemies and harness it to summon the very same creatures you were tasked to fight as you familiars, and fight by your side... Or throw a huge party
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11889664_842613595837076_2586401950340283797_n.png?oh=a7986ecc1bc9faa24477b2c261ab96fd&oe=5640F9F8&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P_a2J93cMk

Built for ZDoom/GZDoom

Known issues:
-Killing a Spectre gives the player a regular Pinky essence (This is intended. Since monsters ignore seeing familiars anyways, an invisible one would be pointless)
-Familiars pick up items, and they aren't given to the player (Not intended, don't know how to fix it)

I really only did the coding, not the sprites or sounds, so perhaps I should have some
Credits:
Essence sprites: Rundas45 (Taken from Metroid Dreadnought)
Essence sound: Nintendo (Taken from Metroid Prime)
Summoning hand sprite: ???, edited by JaxxoonR (Taken from Beef Jerky)
Helping me figure out DECORATE: WildWeasel & Yholl
Showing me that I can't fucking spell 'Essence': xenoxols

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zm4hxjrqar2rhlq/HellboundRevenge.pk3

Changelog:

Spoiler

07/28/2015 11:30p:
-added Weapon.SelectionOrder 9999 to all weapons to prevent out of ammo swaps
-removed +WEAPONNOCHEAT from Doom II monster spawns
-Reorganized weapon slots, having the summons now in slots 8, 9, and 0, depending on monster strength

07/29/2015 6:00a:
-Fixed an issue where Lost Souls and Pain Elementals don't drop essences when killed

09/04/2015 10:46a:
-Actually UPLOADED previous update (Mediafire issues)

As always, feel free to give me feedback, and report any bugs you find.

Got a chance to play this mod, it's a lot of fun! Very well done!

If you haven't tried this yet give it a shot. Worst case scenario you forget to use it, but it doesn't detract from the gameplay at all and is very entertaining to use. Takes a little while to finally get to summon the monsters you want to summon, but that's good for balancing; it's not something you can use every fight, which is good.

9/10 for me because I want to summon revs all the time ;p

*Edit* spell check >.<
Kinda changed the meaning lol

Fonze said:

Got a chance to play this mod, it's a lot of fun! Very well done!

If you haven't tried this yet give it a shot. Worst case scario you forget to use it, but it doesn't detract from the gameplay at all and is very entertaining to use. Takes a little while to finally get to summon the monsters you want to summon, but that's good for balancing; it's not something you can use ever right, which is good.

9/10 for me because I want to summon revs all the time ;p

Thanks, glad you liked it.
At least you don't want to summon Archviles a lot. The only monsters that take more energy to summon than Archviles are the Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind, because the Archvile is an OP as hell ally.

LanHikariDS said:

Thanks, glad you liked it.
At least you don't want to summon Archviles a lot. The only monsters that take more energy to summon than Archviles are the Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind, because the Archvile is an OP as hell ally.

Oh no, you misunderstand, sir; I DO want to summon arch-viles... they're my favorite enemy ^^

"It's alive! In the name of God! Now I know what it feels like to be God!"
For some reason, this mod makes me think of that movie/quote, hahaha.

Fonze said:

Oh no, you misunderstand, sir; I DO want to summon arch-viles... they're my favorite enemy ^^

"It's alive! In the name of God! Now I know what it feels like to be God!"
For some reason, this mod makes me think of that movie/quote, hahaha.

Well, you didn't say so.

Haha, that's actually rather fitting.

Pure Hellspawn said:

for some reason i thought this was the sequel to Hellbound.

Afraid not, sorry... I've never even heard of that. Sounds interesting, though.

He might mean on /idgames. Still, it'd be good for you to have more people test this than just me before it is uploaded... I'm pretty easy to please, lol.

Fonze said:

He might mean on /idgames. Still, it'd be good for you to have more people test this than just me before it is uploaded... I'm pretty easy to please, lol.

Huh. I never really considered putting my stuff on /idgames

Wouldn't be such a bad idea. Might be good to rework the selection before you do though. Slots 8, 9, and 0 are typically better to attach custom weapons to, since they're usually free. Since there's 3 slots, you could split them up, which would make it easier to quickly summon the right monster on-the-fly.

I suppose you could keep it all on slot 1, but if you do you should make it scroll backwards to how it is now. It makes no sense to start with the basic zombie and scroll your way up to the rev or whatever. That would be a good, quick fix; start with the most expensive and end with the least.

Fonze said:

Wouldn't be such a bad idea. Might be good to rework the selection before you do though. Slots 8, 9, and 0 are typically better to attach custom weapons to, since they're usually free. Since there's 3 slots, you could split them up, which would make it easier to quickly summon the right monster on-the-fly.

I suppose you could keep it all on slot 1, but if you do you should make it scroll backwards to how it is now. It makes no sense to start with the basic zombie and scroll your way up to the rev or whatever. That would be a good, quick fix; start with the most expensive and end with the least.

Perhaps. Probably go by monster class.

EDIT: Just updated mod, see changelog.

LanHikariDS said:

Huh. I never really considered putting my stuff on /idgames

any reason why? it's a lot harder for me to get mods that aren't there than ones that are.

Pure Hellspawn said:

any reason why? it's a lot harder for me to get mods that aren't there than ones that are.

No real reason, just figured it's easier to host on my own.