Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EVIL

doom movie.. what do you think?

We have seen many movies based off games, like "TombRaider", "resident evil".. and a bunch of others..

do you think it would be interesting if we would see a DOOM movie??

That idea was first thrown round back in the days of Doom II's initial release.
A few studios expressed interest in the idea - with murmerings about Schwarzenneger playing Doomguy (god help us all...), but nothing became of it.

They were rejected because their proposals were rubbish. There are few who could to justice to Doom.

HAMMER-STROKE said:

We have seen many movies based off games, like "TombRaider", "resident evil".. and a bunch of others..

do you think it would be interesting if we would see a DOOM movie??

Yes. The story presented in the new video is interesting.

if they are going to ruin a game with a movie it may as well be quake or wolfenstein, i dont want to sacrifice doom!

I rebember reading about the Doom movie cancelled because of the Doom's influence in those guys at Columbine.

HAMMER-STROKE said:

We have seen many movies based off games, like "TombRaider", "resident evil"..

And in each case, the game was far superior to the film version. I'm anxiously awaiting Angel of Darkeness, but I still haven't seen the first TombRaider movie...

The people at id are not under pressure from publishers, studios, or anyone else to rush the product, or modify it to fit a wide "target market". With the film world, it's another story, where they have to make a lot of money, where hundreds of people depend on the films success to make a living. I think the result will be that if a film were made, the game would be far more true to itself than the movie, while the movie would be simply be designed to push all the doom fan's buttons as inexpensively and reliably as possible.

It's a nice idea, but as others have pointed out, Doom3 is already practically a movie anyway...

There IS a Doom movie in the works.
There's a guy with the nick evermail on DC who's working on a fan CGI short movie called "Doom: Phobos Assault". Last I heard about it it was going to be up to 25 minutes long.

But a movie done by "the big fish"? No thanks, especially not Hollywood, ugh!

Hmm, the idea is good. No kidin... Me thinks following...

Plot and the-way-it-will-look-like:
1. the movie will content pemanent, non edited action...
2. first-person perspective of main hero (as its in game)...
3. ...that means we will see the legs walking, arms handling, but no face... well, probobly in the mirror reflecting, but then it should be in helmet...

Main role: maybe you? As i sad that plays no difference as long we'll not see the here's face...

Other roles: some men and women... and computer animated crew...

Director: Fincher-?, whatever, it doesnt huge matter with all that techstuff...

Are you serious?
I know that I wouldn't want to watch a 90 min movie only in first person. That would be boring and rule out the possibilities of some great action scenes, with the hero slaying scores of zombies and imps.

I agree that you shouldn't see his face though, I don't think it would be possible to find an actor that everyone could accept as the doomguy.
I hated that they showed the face of Judge Dredd in the movie.

Not to mention that his "identical" twin with the exact same DNA looks nothing like him. What is up with that!

Sorry I went OT, but that has always bothered me :)

I don't want a DOOM movie. If one was made, it could become great if it was focused at the sci-fi and suspension aspects. But in Hollywood reality, a movie based on DOOM would be just like the comics. 98% of all movie makers (action especially) are retarded beyond belief.

BattleMaster said:

90 min movie only in first person... would be boring and rule out the possibilities of some great action scenes, with the hero slaying scores of zombies and imps.

Hmm, remember the Omaha beach scene in the SPRyan? Was it boring?
I dont think that in movie main character will just hang arong stupidly stared at his foot.
No, he will search-look around-sayng smthng like "Whatta hell...", "Oh, shit...", "Eat this...", "Hey, fuckface, eat me!...", "Anybody there?..." and things like that-pick up weapons-run-jump-shoot-smash-destroy-run-open hydravlic gates-operate with comps-run-jump-kill-kill-kill-and lots of other things to do... Thats not so boring imwo...

The technology of movie that kind - is a question to solve... My hands(if i had any) are clear: i suggested, other will built...

Fredrik said:

...a movie based on DOOM would be just like the comics...

I dont want that kind of movies eather. I want something new, scare, intresting, sci-fi aspected and wanted-to-be-true thing...

Another addition for tech: remember the camera goes through objeckts in last Fincher movie? Thats the way it can be there. But NO edition, just one event, right here, right now!

wasted said:

I'm not saying that first person perspective in movies is boring. I just think that an entire movie this way would be a little too much. But that's just up to individual taste I guess..

Having a first-person view all the time would kill any possibility of shooting dramatic scenes, eye-candy scenarios or crazy, satisfying camera tracking.

wasted said:

1. That scene was cool because you saw lots of the Americans get shot/mutilated/whatever - it wasn't just the character against everything out there.
2. The first-person view didn't last the whole damn Omaha-beach sequence, I don't even think it even lasted a minute.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Maybe Carmack himself could direct it?

Carmack shouldn't write the dialogue. It would be nothing but techno babble.

It would also be cool if there woul be a computer animated TV serie, just like "star ship troopers".. atleast .. I think there was a computer animated TV serie of it

Ok, but the idea of FP view is quet original, for movies, imwo. As i sad, camera can hang aroung for while, but the concept is to create atmosphere of being at the same place at the same time...

About SPRyan: well, aniway camera was moving all around with heroes, with that eye view-enemy view-floor view stuff...

About camera tracking and all that pop-Hollywood-MichalBay-movies stuff: hei, its alternative cinematic method... NO edition!!!

About TV serie: ohhh, thats a bad idea... It just one hero...
Hmm, imagine titles at the beggining: ...John Smith as Huge-pinky-deamon, Jack Smthnelse as the-not-so-huge-but-still-big-pinky-deamon... Animated like what?
You should get lots of money to achive animation of something really good...