Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meapineapple

Raise/lower ceiling and floor simultaneously

In the same direction? It's called an Elevator (as opposed to Lift), and is possible in all Boom-derived / supporting ports. Which is most of them.

In DB2 using Boom configuration there aren't any Elevator actions. I checked the wiki, the linedef actions it mentions correspond to different actions in DB2. Is it just that the editor is screwy?

Edit: Yeah, the editor is wrong. How'd that happen?

Haha, some configuration files make assumptions about what you want. I'm making an E1 level for Boom, but the Boom config file is set up for Doom 2, I have to choose textures carefully!

Might require an ACS Script to lower by value, delay, then raise by value , I've done that to make a boat before .
EDIT : Add restart to the script if you want it to keep repeating .

I map primarily in Heretic, Hexen and in Zdoom, The old way in Hexen to lower and raise a sector at the same time like a split door was to use ACS scripting to tag the sector with 2 actions. In Zdoom setup, in DB2 there are a bunch of new sector specials, one allows you to lower and raise your sector at the same time. You might try checking it out. It might suit your needs.

Halfblind said:

In Zdoom setup, in DB2 there are a bunch of new sector specials, one allows you to lower and raise your sector at the same time.

To lower and raise at the same time???
Oh, hang on, the pillar special will do that.

Script 1 Open
{
FloorAndCeiling_LowerByValue (tag, speed, height)
Delay(tics)
FloorAndCeiling_RaiseByValue (tag, speed, height)
Delay(tics)
Restart;
}

I detailed here how to have two actions happen simultaneously in vanilla, which may or may not work for you. I haven't tried making a proper lift with it before though.