Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealth Frag

Some Doom inspired render

Part of you guys know me as a guy who made some hires Doom stuff like textures, some sprites, models. So I decide to use some of my work to make series of renders inspired by my favorite game. It's not a big deal but I decide to show my current work progress. For now I have only one, but more come in nearly future.

The walls have that STARTAN and plastic 70s/80s space wall look.

If it was Doom 4 you'd get 20 complaints that the color scheme is too bland.

(For reals though, damn cool render)

Jaxxoon R said:

I found more people defending the Doom 4 colors then criticizing. =P

Anyway, I liked this, principally the startan homage!

How about recreating classic scenes/rooms from the original Doom and Wolf3D games? Just an idea.

VGA said:

How about recreating classic scenes/rooms from the original Doom and Wolf3D games? Just an idea.

I like this. The image is very nice, but in my opinion it feels a little too generic science-fiction; I recognize the Doom elements, but as a whole it doesn't immediately scream "Classic DOOM!" I think a render of the E1M1 start area and/or some other architecture that immediately recalls a specific area or level would ground the (admittedly awesome) artwork firmly in the Doom universe.

Jaxxoon R said:

At least the later screenshots show some more color, I think it's mostly when one color is clearly dominating all the others (Like hell's yellow) that people are complaining about it. XD

Awesome render, by the way.

The window in the right wall looks strange. The colorful picture in it gives an impression that the window leads into a house garden behind it, therefore that the whole sci-fi-esque area takes place in a house basement. A distinct Doom themed computer screen, or pipes, or sparking wires, would look more fitting in the window.

No one can hear you scream in HELL!!! This picture reminds me of something from the movie alien, but it also resembles doom, looks great!

scifista42 said:

A distinct Doom themed computer screen, or pipes, or sparking wires, would look more fitting in the window.

This is exactly what it is. You know that texture as "planet1":

Thanks for comments guys. For the last few days I'm workin on first area of Hangar. I post some new renders here where I decide that part is accurate to share.

Edit:
Oh, and I swapped picture from first post with one with bigger resolution.

Awesome! cant wait to see starting area of Hangar, I know this takes a lot of time but you should just go full out and do all of e1m1, now that would be cool.

if you didn't say it's a render, i would have guessed it's a screenshot from doom3 + graphics mod.

@ vizyeay: yeah, exactly. iirc they had walls like these somewhere. the "drab color" is typical for cameron's sequel as he makes nights scenes always with this blue filter.