Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

For those that loved Kung Fury, here is the 3 minute trailer for Madden 16

You loved Kung Fury, because you're human, but will you enjoy this Madden 16 trailer?

Forget showing the game, this is over the top 80s action as only a parody can do. Headbands, mustaches, men in midriffs, a ninja takes 100 head slaps, there's a dinosaur and a mech pack shooting footballs.

Chances are it was filmed at a cost of 8 times more than Fury's entire budget.

Discuss!

geo said:

Forget showing the game

Why bother, its the exact same every year

EA owns the rights to all NFL games

Inkie said:

Yup. This is the nonsense you can get away with when you have absolutely no competition for your product.

"Why the fuck are they even giving us an advertising budget? People already know what the game's going to be, they'll just buy it even if we throw screenshots tied to bricks through their windows. What's the point?

You watch, even if we do something that has nothing to do with anything it won't even matter. It's Madden"

Inkie said:

And the license world probably bankrupt anyone else other than Activision.

What the hell did i just watch ?

Repetition based humor, a black metrosexual slapping a ninja, explosions, a dinsosaur, a ball-based-machine-gun, weird car scenes, an attempt at turning bad emotions into humor ?

I have never even heard of kung fury before today, maybe that eplains why i dont get it, and cant find any humor in it next to what 9 year old kids call humor.

I just saw the commercial a while ago... it was awful. It didn't even make any sense.

FireFish said:

What the hell did i just watch ?

Repetition based humor, a black metrosexual slapping a ninja, explosions, a dinsosaur, a ball-based-machine-gun, weird car scenes, an attempt at turning bad emotions into humor ?

I have never even heard of kung fury before today, maybe that eplains why i dont get it, and cant find any humor in it next to what 9 year old kids call humor.

Yeah I was happy Kung Fury was only 30 mins. The random humor wore thin on me. I think Family Guy popularized random humor.

At least Kung Fury made an attempt to weave its stupid jokes into the story. Family Guy just goes "HEY LOUIS REMEMBER THAT THING WITH CELEBRITY" and then cuts to a skit.

The magic of Kung Fury was the dreamy effects and editing. It wasn't that terribly funny, but otherwise a beautiful love letter to 80's aesthetic.

This video is more "Scary Movie" level parody and is really nothing like Kung Fury.

BombChel said:

The magic of Kung Fury was the dreamy effects and editing. It wasn't that terribly funny, but otherwise a beautiful love letter to 80's aesthetic.

This video is more "Scary Movie" level parody and is really nothing like Kung Fury.

I agree with this statement. The characters in Kung Fury, while silly, still had some chemistry going.

Probably the most attention I'll ever give to a Madden game, though.

Jaxxoon R said:

At least Kung Fury made an attempt to weave its stupid jokes into the story. Family Guy just goes "HEY LOUIS REMEMBER THAT THING WITH CELEBRITY" and then cuts to a skit.

to be fair, the first two seasons or so are at least watchable and isn't as groan-worthy/stupid as later seasons. the part were Quagmire just hates Brian for absolutely no discernible prior reason is probably when the show really dropped the ball though. i can't believe that kind of humor beat Simpsons on their own turf.

I have to admit it, I actually like the cheesiness of the trailer despite being a trailer of the millionth Madden game that I really don't give two shits about.

HavoX said:

I miss Tecmo Super Bowl. Screw you EA.

Amen brother! Tecmo Super Bowl is still one of the best football games ever...that and the original NFL Bliz for the N64 to me :P