Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheHighestTree

HUD face question

Hmm... I remember seeing it in an old DOOM1 shareware demo. In E1M3 (I think) the marine would fall down the hole, and land on the acid and medkit at the same time, thus making that "While I'm down there..." face.

I invite you people to describe the expression on that sprite in one single word.

"Retard" is the only one I could came up with.

deadnail said:

If you let me use two words they would be surprise sodomy.

Or in three words, which would be take it out

I invite you people to describe the expression on that sprite in one single word.

It's dat magic look dat just screams "OH SHIT" out to da world!

......... or in one word, Shit!

One word?

"COFFEE"

heh.

One time I edited the iwad to replace the normal face with OUCH. Heh. I played like that for a week or so, then i started going crazy looking at it and switched back.

Lament said:

One word?

"COFFEE"

heh.

One time I edited the iwad to replace the normal face with OUCH. Heh. I played like that for a week or so, then i started going crazy looking at it and switched back.

I'd probably go insane from that too.

Well, well, just look at that.
This thread has made Ling (unless it's either Lüt or Zaldron who's done those changes) change the 'online' icon.

Zaldron said:

We don't have access to the FTP ^_^

The Hell do I know - I don't know exactly what powers you Admins possess anyway, apart from giving "presents" (Bad Custom Titles) to bad people, banning even badder people, IP banning the baddest people and being able to do the same things as regular Mods, except that you can do it in ALL forums.

dsm said:

The Hell do I know - I don't know exactly what powers you Admins possess anyway, apart from giving "presents" (Bad Custom Titles) to bad people, banning even badder people, IP banning the baddest people and being able to do the same things as regular Mods, except that you can do it in ALL forums.

I'm pretty sure that the admins can also add new forums, change forum names and their little caption underneath its title, ban people from individual forums, among other things.

I think dat face was actually created to be used for situations where yo guy gets a BIG surprise..... like starting a level in acid, getting hit by a rocket from behind, getting stuck under a crushing ceiling, etc. It seems to be a surprised face, and it seems ta show up at da most shocking moments anyways.

fraggle said:

Fraggle's Pic

Heh...someone needs to haxor goatse.cx and put that pic there.

Da_Esco said:

I think dat face was actually created to be used for situations where yo guy gets a BIG surprise..... like starting a level in acid, getting hit by a rocket from behind, getting stuck under a crushing ceiling, etc. It seems to be a surprised face, and it seems ta show up at da most shocking moments anyways.

Heh, it looks like he's seen a ghost :-P

Looks like someone's trying to sodomise him with a pineapple.

Looks like someone's trying to sodomise him with a pineapple

LMFGAO!!!

Heh.... someone's been watchin too much lil' nicky up in dis piece! :P

fraggle, ling, where does st_oldhealth's value get set? dont make me dig out the source code damnit

Ct_red_pants said:

I always thought it was when you took damage derectly from behind...

Well the expression sure does look like some uhhm, special damage from behind...

hehe

i notice it happening most when i BARELY get out from a fast damage crushing ceiling...i don't tend to get out of the slow damage ones :( Other than that, in the start of E1M7 i hit the fir button immediately when i started.

It looks like dat fuckin space marine just got da shock of his life.... like dat time I ran across incoming traffic in NYC! I figured da traffic cops would stop da cars............ BUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, WRONG!!!!!
O_O

Have you guys seen it where the Doom guy's head EXPLODES? It's only happened a few times with me. But it's really neat. You can cause his head to actually blow up if you're killed by an exploding barrel and your health is low enough. That has something to do with it anyway.