Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
revan1141

Amiga.Wad [Still Inprogress]

So I wanna show off my recent WAD I'm working on, which isn't even finished yet, and I'm not sure how long it will take until it's finished.

It's called Amiga.WAD.

Basically I found a rar full of Amiga songs, and I decided to try to make maps that fit the songs I like in the rar. So far I'm 2 maps in, 3 under construction(and I HATE it so far, and I'm going to delete the entire map and try again.)

The WAD is made for GZDoom in Doom in UDMF format, and GZDoom is what it was made in.

If you wanna check out what I have done in it so far, take a gander.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/722o9bd6clcmu6c/Amiga.wad
Also: Freelook is both allowed, and recommended.

Also, as I said above, MAP03 sucks at the moment, and I am going to probably delete it and try again, so don't expect quality when you get to that one. It also has no exit and is unfinished. Really I'd just skip over MAP03.

Tell me what you think of the WAD! I'm really seeing improvement in my mapping skills with these. I really like MAP02's action.

By the way, here's a list of songs used in the WAD

Spoiler

Title Music: Leaving Teramis 8 - Jochen Hippel
Intermission Music: Vertego - Delorean
MAP01: Systematic Quest - Dezecrator
MAP02: System Overload - Hellhound
MAP03(Subject to change): Druid 2 FLT Intro

Cool idea!
A pair of screenshots could really help attracting attention though.

Also, if you work the Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 main theme into your wad, you'll be my hero

Albertoni said:

Cool idea!
A pair of screenshots could really help attracting attention though.

Also, if you work the Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 main theme into your wad, you'll be my hero

I kind of regret adding screenshots because the maps really aren't that interesting to look it, because I've been focusing more on the combat I guess. Map 2 in particular is really not much to look at, but Map 1 is OK as far as detail goes.

Compared to my old shit, I really like the way these maps look alot.

Also, I have deleted MAP03 five times, and I'm on my sixth try on trying to make it look good AND play good. Making good maps is hard.

After playing them I can honestly say they don't look so hot but at least you got the gameplay down, spending a pair of hours adding details would help immensely.
Also, I thought the first map played better than the second... Both are good though.

The music of MAP03 is pretty good, but I'd use it as intermission or credits music, really.

Albertoni said:

After playing them I can honestly say they don't look so hot but at least you got the gameplay down, spending a pair of hours adding details would help immensely.
Also, I thought the first map played better than the second... Both are good though.

The music of MAP03 is pretty good, but I'd use it as intermission or credits music, really.

Already deleted MAP03 a seventh time, think I finally have a design down and the song changed unfortunately.

As for details yeah, I'm gonna go back through each map and add more things to them.