Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pleasure Elemental

What Slaughter wads would you recommend?

I can recommend off the top of my head anything by the mapper Ribbiks, namely:

Stardate 20X6
Swim With the Whales (minus MAP01)
Sunlust

And any of the Slaughterfest series (2011, 2012, SF3) which are by multiple mappers.

thanks for the recommendations

Sunder is probably the most difficult Wad I've ever played - nothing else has touched it so far, especially because the ammo is so scarce. Some other slaughtermaps tend to be over generous with the ammo I find

The Slaughterfest series is a pretty good place to go to once you're acquainted with the genre (which it seems you are), as it contains a pretty big variety of mappers and maps.

Holy Hell's a pretty good set of Slaughermaps. Not to mention Map05 is all the maps combined into one with 20000 monsters on the map. Doesn't look as good as Sunder does bit it's good for a challenge.

T-Rex said:

Plutonia 2 and Plutonia Revisited are good bets as well.

Really? Aside from a couple maps I wouldn't classify those as "slaughter".

AD_79 said:

Really? Aside from a couple maps I wouldn't classify those as "slaughter".

Yeah, but there were a bit more slaughterish maps compared to the original Plutonia. I wouldn't even classify Hell Revealed, Alien Vendetta, and Scythe "slaughter" either, even though they do get quite intense in the later maps. Alien Vendetta especially deviated from its initial inspiration and went with large, realistic, adventure maps fused with Plutonia-esque challenge.