Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tritnew

Someone Should Make A Remake of The Level Shown In The Trailer

It'd be pretty amazing If someone would make a Map for DOOM II based on the Level In the Reveal, with Scripts used for picking up the Weapons or something (Animations from a Camera point). Though, There'd be parts for Double Jumping, That's the down side, unless someone makes the broken walkways to a nice height, that or get Permission to use the Double Jumping In Parkour DOOM.

Movement-wise this could be done in the build engine because Duke can jump quite high on default and you could fake a double jump by jumping and then quickly jetpacking for a bit of extra height ;)

Also, it kinda looks like the map could be pretty accurately made in build engine aswell.

quakke said:

Movement-wise this could be done in the build engine because Duke can jump quite high on default and you could fake a double jump by jumping and then quickly jetpacking for a bit of extra height ;)

Also, it kinda looks like the map could be pretty accurately made in build engine aswell.

True, but Someone with Great Mapping Skills with DOOM could make this happen since Zandronum and GZDOOM support 3DFloors and such.

When I was still playing around and getting to know Doom Builder 2 I tried recreating the areas from the hell demo. I took a long look at every little detail in the map and there was too much going on. Lots of use of 3d floors and jumping. The farthest I got was when the player kills the two imps and looks over the arena.

Edit: But alas, there was no arena to look over. Was doomguy's life; no, his existence, all a lie? D;

AwesomeO-789 said:

When I was still playing around and getting to know Doom Builder 2 I tried recreating the areas from the hell demo. I took a long look at every little detail in the map and there was too much going on. Lots of use of 3d floors and jumping. The farthest I got was when the player kills the two imps and looks over the arena.

Edit: But alas, there was no arena to look over. Was doomguy's life; no, his existence, all a lie? D;

But that's just a Theory, A GAME THEORY, THANKS FOR WATCHING-. Joking aside, that's Awesome! Though, We could wait for the game to come out to see what the map would look like, but I looked at every detail In the Level after I watched the Reveal and there's alot to It.

I know this is a rather old thread but I just thought I should put this out there, there is a Doom 4 mod for Doom 1 and 2 (already?!) that adds Doom 4 weapons, or at least the ones we know about so far, and double jumping, along with new monsters that use the Doom 4 weapons.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjTDe4G6DRU

Downloads:
-Normal Link:https://mega.nz/#!Ml8yFAAZ!U-lHQQvBs2Gm3eBpIByqD4Z_JhsYlibW32mnkYuBbCw

-Alternate Link(This link worked with my gzdoom, the other didn't): https://mega.nz/#!8x92FDhT!O3G9T7wCaF7Aelc1TcV9Da9TlWGQrAe7vU9KICZDbiE

This mod opens up a lot of possibilities in the recreation of Doom 4 levels, in the hands of a decent mapper we might be able to recreate the hell level from Doom 4 or something. I'd try myself but I'm a noob at 3D floors and I'm currently working on my own project, but someone should definitely have a go at mapping for this!

Edit: If you do end up downloading this mod make sure you set Secondary Fire to a key on the keyboard since it's used to use the weapon attachments like the charged burst or micro missiles.

Not worth the bump.

Also the sound effects in that video are fucking awful. you know, to pick something specific out of the myriad of awful things in that video.

AirRaid said:

Not worth the bump.

Also the sound effects in that video are fucking awful. you know, to pick something specific out of the myriad of awful things in that video.

Yeah, the sounds are pretty dodgy. But you should definitely try it out for yourself, the weapons are very well balanced and are all fun to use, I played through the whole of Doom 2 with this mod and not once did I feel like a weapon was made obsolete by another weapon.

Edit: I bet the weapons would look nicer if they were downscaled to whatever number of bits doom ran at, I think the creator is currently working on that right now though.

In order to make those weapons look "nicer" you'd have to completely redraw the sprites using the proper palette of colours which is pretty limited in a lot of colour ranges.

But really, I just don't understand these mods. Whether it's shoehorning weapons from a newer Doom into the classic ones, or trying to remake classic maps in the newer Dooms... what the hell is the point? If you manage to delude yourself that this is "like playing Doom 4!" because we can't actually play Doom 4 yet, then more power to you I guess but to me it's an awful, ugly, uninspired hack job.

I prefer when people put their modding talents toward something new and original I guess.

I imagine the mod'll be updated by the time a new trailer without a HUD and no noticeable effects on the gun is released, or by the time the game comes out. Nevertheless it's still a great mod, I don't give a shit if it's unoriginal or whatever, the weapons are balanced and fun to use.

Marnetmar said:

No it isn't and no they aren't.

Your profile picture and that simple reply that doesn't explain jack shit about your opinion make me want to yell at my screen real loud and slowly hit it, making sure not to shake or damage the laptop.

That, and you have a different opinion to me.

Spoiler

I may or may not be genuinely pissed off right now and I have no idea why

The video gave me an impression that it's a partially joke mod (I mean casually inserious) and that the yellow tint on the weapons was intentionally kept as part of the joke.

scifista42 said:

The video gave me an impression that it's a partially joke mod (I mean casually inserious) and that the yellow tint on the weapons was intentionally kept as part of the joke.

I don't get how you guys can be so dismissive of something that actually plays so well. I would type some swear words in caps lock because you guys are such fucking snobs but I guess I need to be a good boy if I'm to be accepted by the community...

Shit, looks like I've already fucked up.

Edit: You guys reckon this deserves it's own thread? I've told the author about Doomworld and said he should post it on here, but he doesn't seem to have done so. I feel like this is getting a bit off-topic.

By that definition, aren't most WADs "partially joke" mods? Unless you're hoping to make money off of a WAD, it's typically casual projects made for fun and maybe to learn more about design.

It looks alright, hopefully by the time the game's released It'll be better. Though, I'd like to see If anyone would redraw the weapons to the 16-bit style DOOM Is, I think the sounds should be fixed too. They sound too DOOM 3 (which I suppose they are from), but other then that. It looks fun, I'll try It out and see what I think of It.

EDIT: Pretty... Ok, I actually like It. It's not THE BEST, but It'll take care of my hype for now.

AwesomeO-789 said:

Your profile picture and that simple reply that doesn't explain jack shit about your opinion make me want to yell at my screen real loud and slowly hit it, making sure not to shake or damage the laptop.

Do it

Come on I dare ya you fucking wimp

Marnetmar said:

Do it

Come on I dare ya you fucking wimp

I'll fuck you up worse than any cyberdemon ever has you ass-faced fuck

Spoiler

I'm sorry my banter is so shite tonight. Not my day.

When did the thread go from me giving out a Idea of a remake for the first demostration of DOOM, to people arguing about a mod that would CLEARLY fit the level.

Can we just go back to that?

Yeah this shitfest needs to stop, please.

Also if a post is made about that mod proper, it should go in the WADs and Mods forum in the classic doom section, not in here.

On the topic, I think it would probably be easier to replicate the level design in a 3D engine like Quake or something. Or possibly eDuke32 since you can "extend" sectors like layers (It uses portals, I think) which would be ideal for something like this. With Doom, you'd have to use a lot of dummy sectors to account for all the little differences between floors.

MetroidJunkie said:

On the topic, I think it would probably be easier to replicate the level design in a 3D engine like Quake or something. Or possibly eDuke32 since you can "extend" sectors like layers (It uses portals, I think) which would be ideal for something like this. With Doom, you'd have to use a lot of dummy sectors to account for all the little differences between floors.

True, I think Quake would work with It.

DoomMarine82 said:

I was laugh when I saw this thread first time, cause at that time I was building map in DOOM 3 to recreate DOOM 4 demo :) So I decided today to post some screenies from this (former) project. Enjoy :)

http://imgur.com/a/UUs2Z

I really like It! My only problem Is the blue fog, but considering the DOOM 3 engine being outdated and all.

Thanks for posting these.

At first time it hasn't got blue fog, cause DOOM 4 has fantastic postprocessing effects but it is not possible to make it in DOOM 3. So I just put it for test. If I got time later I'll make screenies without fog :)

EDIT: txh to do that I can make postprocess effect color filter.

DoomMarine82 said:

I was laugh when I saw this thread first time, cause at that time I was building map in DOOM 3 to recreate DOOM 4 demo :) So I decided today to post some screenies from this (former) project. Enjoy :)

http://imgur.com/a/UUs2Z

I don't care if it's a total waste of time, there needs to be more Doom 3 levels. Keep working on it.