Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostpilot

Not DooM related, but classic gaming related.

Hello.

Those of you who read and post in the DooM Depot Forums may know this allready.

For some time ago, I posted a poll on the DDT-forum, asking if there was any intrest in having the sourcecode for the game Blood released.

Infogrames who currently have the rights to the game haven´t released it and don´t plan to do it eather. So I and my friend Martin started a "release the bloodsource - namelist". The page is in early alpha-stage, but the list itself still works. You need internet explorer. Opera will not work. Don´t know about netscape or mozilla.

Sign if you want:

http://www.martinisaksson.com/blood/

We will "spice up" the page and get a new domain-
name soon.

That´s all for now.
Time to get some sleep.

doesn't work when I try to sign it

You fail it (tm)........

Oh the hell with it, nevermind carry on :|

I think we should stop dragging this thread down with all this retardedness. Even if the Blood source was released, what relevence would it have without the sources to Duke Nukem 3d and Shadow Warrior being released too?

bigbadgangsta said:

I think we should stop dragging this thread down with all this retardedness. Even if the Blood source was released, what relevence would it have without the sources to Duke Nukem 3d and Shadow Warrior being released too?

You fail it.

The Build engine source has already been released, and since Blood uses the build engine, this is sort of one and the same thing. Although in Blood there are extra features, I hear someone is trying to port the Build engine to win32, and implementing some more features like those included in Blood.

Here's the link for more info:
http://www.advsys.net/ken/buildsrc/default.htm

ZarcyB said:

The Build engine source has already been released, and since Blood uses the build engine, this is sort of one and the same thing.

You fail it too. Having the Blood source code means that :

1) We have the gamecode for the game (Source Ports become a reality)
2) We already have the Blood-ed BUILD engine, so there's no need to code all that extra shit over the reference BUILD source.

The BUILD source code is worthless for these games. The only real choice is to get the full package from Infogrames.

The only real choice is to get the full package from Infogrames.

While we wait for the Blood source, let's wait for the Strife source too. Get my point?

Strife's not that interesting to mod for. I guess someone could make a win32 sourceport just for kicks. But pretty much all the good features of that game can be archieved with modern Doom sourceports.

Editing-wise, the game sports a pretty ugly textures collection. Not amusing.

Well if they ever release the source code for Blood, who will port it to Win32? I would except I can't code for shit.

BBG, I take it you don't like Blood?

At least I try.

If someone don´t let them know I (we) want the sourcecode, why should they ever concider to release it.

I know it´s pointless.
But somewhere there´s a small hope that if we show them how many people that really want to see the sourcecode released, they will rethink the whole thing.

I don´t force you to like my idea, but don´t hate it...

It worked for me.
You need internet explorer.

No link exept the "sign your name" works.
That link brings up the hidden signform at the bottom of the page.

Remember, the page was assembled 03:00 this morning.
It´s still in Alpha-stage.

How about making a petition on PetitionOnline? At least their script works. And that's about it.

I don't know if there's anyone down at Infogrames but a drunk janitor. Infogrames was ravaged a couple of years ago. Molest some Monolith employees and they might start something to recover it.

Been there, done that.

Infogrames owns the full right to all blood stuff.
Only they can release it.

I talked some people on monolith, the would like to see the source released, but they can´t do anything.

BTW, the page doesn´t work because we messed up main.asp.
Will be fixed later today.

[BBG, I take it you don't like Blood? [/B]

I like it just fine.

I guess someone could make a win32 sourceport just for kicks. But pretty much all the good features of that game can be archieved with modern Doom sourceports.

Yeah, but with the Strife source, other ports could add Strife support, like EDGE or ZDoom.

The page works now.

Feel free to sign the list.

We will update the page with some info and nicer design and
maybe even a own domain. We also will try to have some script
that will send an email to infogrames for every 100:th name
on the list that´s added.

I never expected that this thread would cause so much replys.
If you don´t like the idea, why reply to this post?

martinisaksson.com/blood

The list seems to work now... i've signed it. This thread has also been made "sticky" so it will stay on top for a while. Ghostpilot, make sure you notify the Blood sites as well.

Ghost: hey dawg, great to see ya again, what you been up to? Anyways, when I click Sign yo name, nuthin happens.... I'm using IE 5.0, what's da deal?

.......... and nice work bro, looks like yo started somethin dat a LOT of peeps would be interested in!
>_<

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Heh. Make a Rise of the Triad source port. Or a easy-to-use multiplayer patch... yeah, definitely the patch.

Ghostpilot said:

If you don´t like the idea, why reply to this post?

It may seem like I'm opposed to this idea, but really, I'm not. I too would like to see the Blood source code, as well as Duke Nukem 3d's, Shadow Warrior's and Strife's.

Ghost: hey dawg, great to see ya again, what you been up to? Anyways, when I click Sign yo name, nuthin happens.... I'm using IE 5.0, what's da deal?

I'm using IE 6 and it works fine for me

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

I neva played Shadow Warrior... is it good?

stphrz said:

You fail it (tm)........

Oh the hell with it, nevermind carry on :|

'
Where have you been you....you? :~)

I know it´s a.... How do you say it in english... "a wild goose chase?" It will not make a difference if we all sign that list, but now we can show them at infogrames that we care.

I can´t complain and whine about the source not beeing released if I don´t do anything about it. Now when I have actually done something, I can whine all I want. See what I mean?

The list works now anyway.
The signform appears at the bottom of the page when you click at the top... Strange. Well it will get a facelift sooner or later.

I have posted "news" about this in these forums:
Doomworld
DooM Depot
Blood.com
Qblood forums
Retrogames.com

Is there other sites where I can post about thins so potential sucke... ehh nice people that will want to sign the list can know about it?

I am in. I already signed when I saw your thread in DDF.

Damnit! I use to play blood on my old cpu with win98.

now I can't play blood on my new cpu that has win2k.

What the hell? A sticky topic by a random member? How could this be possible unless with a little help by our webmaster or perhaps moderators?