Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoirSuede

Is it okay to like Sonic ?

J.B.R said:

Well if you look at Dr.Robotnik you can see that his torso looks like a egg, so i guess it makes sense to call him Eggman, as for his family name Robotnik, i'm guessing that it's because he makes robots right?

It's just sort of weird canon. Though, I don't see him as scary, but If you want scary Dr. Robotnik, look at SatAM's, he's absoultely terrifying there.

I might be imagining this, but I thought there was an explanation in a game where Eggman or Robotnik went to the past and fathered the other, therefore they're two different people. Again, I might have imagined that.

geo said:

I might be imagining this, but I thought there was an explanation in a game where Eggman or Robotnik went to the past and fathered the other, therefore they're two different people. Again, I might have imagined that.

Well, In Sonic Generations they ended up teaming up to defeat Classic and Modern Sonic, but they ended up going Into a complete limbo after getting defeated by the two.

Tritnew said:

Well, In Sonic Generations they ended up teaming up to defeat Classic and Modern Sonic, but they ended up going Into a complete limbo after getting defeated by the two.

Yeah that's probably what I'm thinking. Its been a few years since I've played it.

geo said:

Yeah that's probably what I'm thinking. Its been a few years since I've played it.

Same, but around 2013 I bought Sonic Generations on Steam, so I sort of replayed It.

Tritnew said:

Same, but around 2013 I bought Sonic Generations on Steam, so I sort of replayed It.

I will always remember Sonic Generations on Steam as the review I wrote that gained 100 downvotes... until I changed it to a "recommended" and now its 95% upvotes. The same review, nothing changed, but "recommended."

Now it looks like the average review is "not Sonic Boom."

geo said:

I will always remember Sonic Generations on Steam as the review I wrote that gained 100 downvotes... until I changed it to a "recommended" and now its 95% upvotes. The same review, nothing changed, but "recommended."

Now it looks like the average review is "not Sonic Boom."

Perfect, but that Is true, It's better than Rise of Lyric.

I see from reading Steam reviews that Metal Gear V is a Video Kojima game. That's all that matters for fans.

geo said:

I see from reading Steam reviews that Metal Gear V is a Video Kojima game. That's all that matters for fans.

Yea, pretty much. This Is off-topic, but I want a remastered version of PaRappa The Rapper, I've been checking It out recently after Robot Chicken (of all things) parodied the game. Hopefully anyone remembers the game In this thread.

Parappa was neat but short- if it were to be released again might be a good idea to have it bundled with the second.

FuzzballFox said:

Parappa was neat but short- if it were to be released again might be a good idea to have it bundled with the second.

Yea, and It was a bit too easy. The songs were catchy though. I think the best thing would be a reboot or a third game.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Sonic is fun, And if you think it's not , Go to hell :) .

Good opinion. Sonic's not my thing, and the fandom is pretty crazy, but satAM was pretty cool actually.

3_nights said:

Good opinion. Sonic's not my thing, and the fandom is pretty crazy, but satAM was pretty cool actually.

SatAM was a pretty dark cartoon, specially Dr. Robotnik. He's terrifying In It.

All you people do is base yourself on a few retarded internet based video clips and images ;
The fandom is pretty crazy... the fandom is crazy... the fandom is crazy.... the fandom is crazy.

Sonic games where just Sonic games before i ever layed an eye on this thread, mostly played by nostalgic people, retro gamers, and children. When i google sonic, or look for a youtube video i do not even encounter this so called crazy fanbase with their so called madness. In all reality, there are some extremely high quality fan engines and games out there for Sonic.

Is it not odd that some Doomworld users always seem to find the weirdest shit, to then base an entire hate thread on it in an attempt to destroy other games or media ?

Fonze said:

Take Terraria or even (lol)Starbound and compare it to Minecraft. Content vs appearance.

However, 3D games like Minecrap will always attract more people.

I've given all of these games a very fair try and I still prefer Minecraft. I don't ever play online and am in no way part of the community - But my wife and I have built some absolutely fantastic stuff in Minecraft playing splitscreen, and none of it was mindless or anything like that, and the game always seemed to function quite well.

Learning how to deal with the enemy behavior is fun and entertaining, I love the music, and I just flat out love the game. Funny that Notch did some of his initial learning about engines and whatnot here at DW over a decade ago.

I want to be clear about something - I definitely prefer the 3D world of Minecraft to the 2D world of Terraria, as I find building in three dimensions gives you far more creative freedom.. But it has nothing to do with 3D games being "superior" to 2D games.

I'd rather play Mario 3, Super Mario World, Earthworm Jim, Battletoads, Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden etc. ANY day over Cod, Battlefield, Super 3D Noimaginationrequired, <insert big fancy fuckin' new-age game with super awesome graphics and over the top bullshit here> because I feel that, despite their lack of "WOW DEM GRAPHICS", the 2D games I listed have a lot more meat to them, much the way Doom does..

Anyways, I went off on a tangent there and I think it all boiled down to this: Awesome graphics are cool too look at, but if they don't have some super sweet gameplay to compliment, they mean nothing... And additionally, most people who hate Minecraft would probably at least enjoy it to some degree if it wasn't SO damn overrated..

I've always preferred the faster pace and simplicity of Infiniminer. It's a shame that it died out the way it did, it had so much more potential.

Doomkid said:

I've given all of these games a very fair try and I still prefer Minecraft. I don't ever play online and am in no way part of the community - But my wife and I have built some absolutely fantastic stuff in Minecraft playing splitscreen, and none of it was mindless or anything like that, and the game always seemed to function quite well.

Learning how to deal with the enemy behavior is fun and entertaining, I love the music, and I just flat out love the game. Funny that Notch did some of his initial learning about engines and whatnot here at DW over a decade ago.

I want to be clear about something - I definitely prefer the 3D world of Minecraft to the 2D world of Terraria, as I find building in three dimensions gives you far more creative freedom.. But it has nothing to do with 3D games being "superior" to 2D games.

I'd rather play Mario 3, Super Mario World, Earthworm Jim, Battletoads, Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden etc. ANY day over Cod, Battlefield, Super 3D Noimaginationrequired, <insert big fancy fuckin' new-age game with super awesome graphics and over the top bullshit here> because I feel that, despite their lack of "WOW DEM GRAPHICS", the 2D games I listed have a lot more meat to them, much the way Doom does..

Anyways, I went off on a tangent there and I think it all boiled down to this: Awesome graphics are cool too look at, but if they don't have some super sweet gameplay to compliment, they mean nothing... And additionally, most people who hate Minecraft would probably at least enjoy it to some degree if it wasn't SO damn overrated..

Minecraft Is pretty fun to play, It's just cancerous due to the large amount of Idiotic videos (mainly stampylonghead, he's Incredibly annoying and can be ear piercing), It's just fun to play locally or online with a friend or two and do creative things.

Yeah, a DOOM mod for Minecraft exists.

When did Sonic become unfavorable? I've been a fan since I was young, not a part of the fandom/community thing though. Of course it's okay to like it, it's okay to like whatever you want. Why even consider pretending not to enjoy something just because it's not the cool thing to like? Sonic is cool, who cares :P

I guess it's sort of like how I enjoy The Witch's House but stay faaaar the fuck away from any community it has since it's full of weebs.

viridian said:

When did Sonic become unfavorable? I've been a fan since I was young, not a part of the fandom/community thing though. Of course it's okay to like it, it's okay to like whatever you want. Why even consider pretending not to enjoy something just because it's not the cool thing to like? Sonic is cool, who cares :P

I love the Sonic games, but I hate the character himself. I like Tails a hell of alot more than Sonic.

Tritnew said:

It's just fun to play locally or online with a friend or two and do creative things.

I totally agree. Also I've been looking for a Doom-in-Minecraft mod forever now, that looks really damn awesome.

Doomkid said:

I totally agree. Also I've been looking for a Doom-in-Minecraft mod forever now, that looks really damn awesome.

DoomBox and DoomZ , Those are minecraft mods on Zandronum .

Yes Mario > Sonic... but wow damn that's some good aimation. I am just used to such ugly animation on Youtube. That's high quality stuff.

Sonic is getting close to Mario Kart though.

...DooMario Kart...

Doomkid said:

It Is awesome, I may give It a try sometime when I get the game (only time I played It was on the PS3 version).