Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoirSuede

Is it okay to like Sonic ?

Tritnew said:

I like Teils Teh Fax. I hate Big the Fuck, It's sad that Jon St. John voiced him.

Well that's crazy. He has such a voice diversity then. I suppose that's what makes him a voice actor. Tellz can always say I've got tails of stehel They have to be to helicopter him around.

geo said:

Well that's crazy. He has such a voice diversity then. I suppose that's what makes him a voice actor. Tellz can always say I've got tails of stehel They have to be to helicopter him around.

Basically, Big the Fuck Is pretty much Duke Nukem after It took forever for DNF to be released.

Sonic has so many side characters, they can band together to make a Sonic kart game and not just a Sega kart game.

Tritnew said:

Basically, Big the Fuck Is pretty much Duke Nukem after It took forever for DNF to be released.

Big the Cat? May I hope he gets his own puzzle game where he uses his weight to ground pound through blocks and push boxes to get up ledges. Knuckles can have a Punch Out style game or just a belt scrolling brawler. Shadow can have a stealth game where he sticks to the... shadows and then at the right moment, he punches and spin dashes on a body to leave them a bloody mess. Tails can have a helicopter sim. Robotnik already has a mean bean machine.

Rooge can get her own dating sim. Imagine how happy the fans will be with that.

After digging through the creative works, I think some of our members would enjoy a Doomguy version.

geo said:

Sonic has so many side characters, they can band together to make a Sonic kart game and not just a Sega kart game.

Big the Cat? May I hope he gets his own puzzle game where he uses his weight to ground pound through blocks and push boxes to get up ledges. Knuckles can have a Punch Out style game or just a belt scrolling brawler. Shadow can have a stealth game where he sticks to the... shadows and then at the right moment, he punches and spin dashes on a body to leave them a bloody mess. Tails can have a helicopter sim. Robotnik already has a mean bean machine.

Rooge can get her own dating sim. Imagine how happy the fans will be with that.

After digging through the creative works, I think some of our members would enjoy a Doomguy version.

Yeah, DOOM Kart would be pretty cool. I believe Tails has had games In the past already, officially.

In a way, Tails already had a flying simulator.

And don't remind me of Shadow The Hedgehog, that game Is just- No sometimes.

The conditioning has started to take hold. I hate to judge a box by its cover, but the first one looks better and the second one looks awful. I chalk it up to being on the Game Gear. The first Sonic on there was bland and generic. I remember loving it as a child.

There were two kart racing games titled Sonic Drift. It was a generic Pole Position clone and wasn't very good. The sequel is better, but it's still very limited. Would've been cool if they used the Outrun engine if they ever did a 16-bit version.

geo said:

The conditioning has started to take hold. I hate to judge a box by its cover, but the first one looks better and the second one looks awful.

You're not wrong about that, Skypatrol is widely considered to be a mediocre joke - probably why it never got international release in its day.

geo said:

I chalk it up to being on the Game Gear.

They're both on the Game Gear.

geo said:

The first Sonic on there was bland and generic. I remember loving it as a child.

I'm quite the opposite. I felt that way when I was younger, but as an adult I appreciate the quality and sense of direction Ancient had when developing it. Aspect's work on Sonic 2 8-bit was horrendously sloppy in comparison.

They had actual slope resistance (though primitive), as opposed to a simple speed change as Aspect did. It also aesthetically followed the 16-bit games, whereas Aspect went in their own direction that disregarded them.

I remember the Sonic Game Gear games and wow they were awful. Felt more like Rad Racer, but yes Pole Position. I grew up with both, but played Rad Racer a lot more.

I will need to pop in the Sonic Mega collection and test out the Game Gear games.

geo said:

I remember the Sonic Game Gear games and wow they were awful. Felt more like Rad Racer, but yes Pole Position. I grew up with both, but played Rad Racer a lot more.

I will need to pop in the Sonic Mega collection and test out the Game Gear games.

I think Sonic 1 and 2 on the Game Gear were pretty good, but the Master System versions have to be the best 8-Bit Sonic games. Oh, and there was Sonic Triple Trouble, I loved that one.

I felt the second and third games were a lot better on Game Gear than the first. The first felt like the original Mario in a lot of ways with the sheer horizontal scrolling rather than ups and downs. My memory might be off though.

It is. First level has a lot of going up/down hills far taller than the screen. The entire second level is mostly vertical.

Jaxxoon R said:

It is. First level has a lot of going up/down hills far taller than the screen. The entire second level is mostly vertical.

Yeah, but nevertheless, I enjoyed It.

Jaxxoon R said:

I should elaborate, you stick to the ground, there are no climbing platforms. Even if there are slopes, its all just one straight forward linear path.

Yes as it turns out I was wrong the second level and bonus stage are both very vertical. My memory was off.

Well I just saw the Sonic movie. Its existence is a monument. Is it just the 20 minutes or is that just the chunk of a 90 minute movie?

It was distracting playing spot that youtuber.

When Sonic found a course to run on at the end of the first part it felt like Sonic. Outside of that, Sonic felt out of place in his own movie.

The course at the end made me think it was setup by Dr. Robotnik as bait to mess with Sonic. It will keep him busy knowing its irresistible like a skate park in the early 2000s.

Him being a south islander must be where all of the anthropomorphics are. Everyone was so in awe of Sonic, but it was never explained how or why there's a talking animal other than "south islander."

Tritnew said:

Yeah, DOOM Kart would be pretty cool.

Currently being worked on, albeit slowly.

Meanwhile, back at the topic:

NoirSuede said:

What about Generations ?

TBH I haven't actually bothered with a new Sonic game since 4E1. Left too much of a bad taste in my mouth. Not doubting that it's good, but the fact that what is generally regarded as the only really good Sonic game in the last decade (bar the Retro Engine remakes) is comprised more or less entirely of stages from older games pretty much tells me all I need to know.

NoirSuede said:

Everyone knows that Sonic is probably the 4th most hated gaming thing ever (right behind EA, Call Of Duty, and Cliffy.B), but I actually really like Sonic (for some nebulous reason that i won't tell). Whenever i see someone claim that Sonic sucks on anything, I usually just ignore it and leave, but now it feels like the pressure's really building up, and it feels like i'm a big idiot for liking Sonic in the first place.

noirseude there's nothing wrong with liking Sonic. I still play the first one!

Tritnew said:

Yeah, DOOM Kart would be pretty cool. I believe Tails has had games In the past already, officially.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Tails_Adventure_Coverart.png

In a way, Tails already had a flying simulator.

http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/1/7/7/31177_front.jpg

And don't remind me of Shadow The Hedgehog, that game Is just- No sometimes.

Doom kart?
My life has been fulfilled.

BlackFish said:

*Dives into thread*

The original megadrive trilogy (including Knuckles) is all I care about.

This. I never played Knuckles though, I always got the impression it was just Sonic 3 with a new character.

Sonic 1 was a sensation, Sonic 2 took everything that was good about the first game and made it amazing, Sonic 3 was technically proficient but it seemed to lack something, maybe a sense of innocence or simplicity. So Sonic 2 is where it peaked for me.

As with most franchises it's now over-loaded with tons of characters, a villain whose name suddenly changed and lots of ridiculous 3D worlds that move too fast to tell what you're doing.

Am I the only one who thinks computer games (particularly platforming games) peaked in the 2D era?

Sonic & Knuckles is basically the latter half of Sonic 3, and if you connected them together it would make one gigantic game. Also Knuckles.

Basically, an expansion pack created to avoid another 7 hidden palaces.

If you're ever in the mood, I recommend the mod Sonic 3 Complete.

I only ever played Sonic & Knuckles when I was a 7-10 year old child since my brother owned the game and the system. While I do have fond memories of that one game I have never really cared for Sonic games in general.