Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AwesomeO-789

Adding Custom Sounds? Help!

Say I want to ADD (not replace) a sound for a monster teleporting in but keep the default teleporting sound for when the player teleports in. How do I go about doing so if this is possible?

This solution is for ZDoom-based ports only: Adding custom sounds is possible via ZDoom's SNDINFO. In order to teleport monsters with a custom sound, you would have to create a custom teleport fog actor via DECORATE and make it play the custom sound upon being spawned. Then make sure to design your maps so that monsters will always be teleported by a different line action than players (you can do it by assigning activation type: Monster activated vs. Player activated). Players can be teleported via normal Teleport action, while monsters should be teleported via a script that calls Teleport_NoFog and spawns your custom teleport fog onto the teleported monster (both before and after teleportation, so that the fog appears on both sides of the teleport).

scifista42 said:

This solution is for ZDoom-based ports only: Adding custom sounds is possible via ZDoom's SNDINFO. In order to teleport monsters with a custom sound, you would have to create a custom teleport fog actor via DECORATE and make it play the custom sound upon being spawned. Then make sure to design your maps so that monsters will always be teleported by a different line action than players (you can do it by assigning activation type: Monster activated vs. Player activated). Players can be teleported via normal Teleport action, while monsters should be teleported via a script that calls Teleport_NoFog and spawns your custom teleport fog onto the teleported monster (both before and after teleportation, so that the fog appears on both sides of the teleport).

Awesome! Thanks so much man, I think this'll be a neat effect! :D

With devbuilds, you can also use the new TeleFog*Type properties to have certain types of monsters always use their own teleport fog.

Gez said:

With devbuilds, you can also use the new TeleFog*Type properties to have certain types of monsters always use their own teleport fog.

Awesome! Will definitely try out both and see which I like better, thanks for the help guys!