Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drygnfyre

Skull switch in E4M1

In E4M1, near the beginning, there's a small hallway with two imps and two skull switches. The one on the right can be pressed to open a doorway leading to another part of the map. But I've never been able to figure out what the switch on the left does. Does anyone know?

It lowers the bullshit 'trap' secret wall that raises in the NIN room.

Six said:

It lowers the bullshit 'trap' secret wall that raises in the NIN room.

Cool, never knew that. Thanks.

Man, was I disappointed that it offered nothing in the way of power-ups. E4M1 is easily the most brutal opener of any commercial Doom game.

Skull switches ?
i never figured out what opened the NIN trap with the two barons inside, i just wall-hump the corner on the left behind the iron wall which lowers to show the NIN logo.

FireFish said:

Skull switches ?
i never figured out what opened the NIN trap with the two barons inside, i just wall-hump the corner on the left behind the iron wall which lowers to show the NIN logo.

There is a torch in the blue skull key room that lowers the secret wall. If you're stuck inside the secret wall, there is a skull switch you press to lower it. Normally, this is what occurs, most people wouldn't run out. But if you happen to run to where you pick up the skull key, you'll be stuck. So what I just found out was if you run out the other direction, the skull switch that was in the imp hallway lowers the wall.

And yes, it's a very dumb secret.

GoatLord said:

Man, was I disappointed that it offered nothing in the way of power-ups.

I don't understand the mentality behind it. Why should you ever punish a player for finding secrets? What message is this trying to get across besides that American McGee thought it would be hilarious?

I guess that's my answer there really.

Well done McGee, here's a slow clap for you.

You bastard.