Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
viridian

Transferring save files from Chocolate to Crispy

I like the crispyness of Crispy, but I don't wanna start my game all the way over.
Is it possible, and if so how do I go about doing it?

Sorry for the really succinct first post, hi everyone :^)

The save files are mostly cross-compatible. The only exception I can think of is NRFTL saves in Crispy; they're written out with an episode number and IIRC, won't load in Chocolate (or vanilla)

chungy said:

The save files are mostly cross-compatible. The only exception I can think of is NRFTL saves in Crispy; they're written out with an episode number and IIRC, won't load in Chocolate (or vanilla)

Thank you, I should have just transferred the saves and found out, but I wasn't sure where they were located. Turns out they are in the directory that Chocolate is in (wow).

haha yes :) Crispy Doom keeps a close connection to Chocolate, merging in code changes and staying in sync with the upstream. Using it should be almost identical.

viridian said:

Is it possible, and if so how do I go about doing it?

Remaining savegame compatible with Chocolate Doom is an explicit design goal of Crispy Doom.

chungy said:

This is only relevant when doom2.wad is identified as the BFG Edition version and nerve.wad is auto-loaded. It merely saves you from explicitely running the game with "-file nerve.wad":

http://www.chocolate-doom.org/wiki/index.php/Crispy_Doom#Compatibility