Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 22 - Its a relay, bitches! (featuring Nicki Minaj)

Link to last months session

Greetings fellow ASS enthusiasts, and welcome to very special episode of Abyssal Speedmaps, in which we celebrate ASS x22 in the only way we are permitted to, by making speedmaps.

This months session will be operating a bit differently than most sessions, which will either turn out very good or RUIN EVERYTHING FOREVER [TM]. In either case, it is not imperative that you are around immediately following the start of the session, as is usually the case for ASS. However, being around at the usual time would be useful.

==========================================

The objective is a relay. I'm stealing the gimmicks from everything!
You have 24 hours to create a high quality set of maps. However, each person can only spend two hours on a given map. When two hours are done, submit your map here or on other groups and they will show up here. Other participants can update the map with layouts, details, whatever is necessary. However you must complete a LAYOUT before you can do stuff.

When two hours are up drop off your map with what still needs to be done. OP will be updated.

Boom Compatability

MAPS ARE HERE:

==========================================
Said start time will be 12:01 AM EDT (Eastern Daylight) on Saturday, September 19 (yes, I'm aware this coincides with Talk Like a Pirate Day, and I sincerely apologize if this interferes with plans for the holiday)

Be so kind as to convert to your appropriate timezone on http://everytimezone.com/

As many Abyssal Alumni as possible are invited to partake this month, but all are still welcome to join the fun. Rules and explanations will be provided on this post and via the group.

reach me here, oftc irc #abyssal, or via Skype with further questions okaybye!

TheMionicDonut said:

This months session will be operating a bit differently than most sessions
Rules and explanations will be provided on this post and via the group.

Just make us, specially off-skype participants, informed in time.

It is midnight Eastern time. I just never give time as Midnight, lest people get confused about the day.

Would I get up at 5am on a Saturday for this? Hmm well I get up at that time for work during the week so I might be able to partake for once. No guarantees though.

Breezeep said:

12 AM is a fine time for me. I'll still be distracted by lunch, but I'll still try to participate.

Lunch at midnight? :P

Breezeep said:

Oh, fuck. I'm an Idiot. I don't think I'll be able to participate. Shit.

same for me, probably. In any case, Miley Cyrus will not participate, Nicki hates Miley.

Looks like this one falls on the day I'm taking my sister to see Devilskin, so I probably won't be able to make it. Probably just as well, I fucking hate Nicki Minaj. :P

BlackFish said:

12:01am edt? Yikes. Maybe I'll be up for it when I get home from work tomorrow night. :P

Its not for a couple of weeks though...

Hoodie said:

So like we just show up and make a map? Cause I'll try and join in.

Essentially.

I'm moving to a different city around the 19th, so I'm very much unlikely to be able to join in this time. :<

I'm in, lads. I may or may not end up doing another HUD or something if my Doom Builder crashes again. I also may or may not get interrupted with dinner if it's 4pm.

It's going to be an interesting setup. Interruptions shouldn't be too much a concern.

Excuse the double post, but the magic starts a week from now. Off by about half an hour. Whoops.

The insanity begins in 24 hours. Get hyped!
Maybe there will even be a finished ASS21 wad in that time...you never know!