Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Idgames for DOOM 3 Mods ?

I Don't know if this question was already asked, but is there any Good database for DOOM 3 Mods besides Moddb, does the current Idgames allow uploading this kind of mods, i guess it would be Nice to finally get a good mod database specific for DOOM 3 Mods to make sure players don't lose their mods And to not worry about sites shutting down or anything else.

Other than bias for the maintainers towards Doom 1 and 2 (of which I don't agree), what else can be the reason of NOT doing it? Magnitude? Hosting space? Non-uniform packaging? (some can be mere maps, others are mods, others include DLLs too)

printz said:

AWESOME, thanks Brad_tilf. I can see how the file size skyrockets :)

That is absolute fact but disk space should be the last thing anyone worries about these days. hdd space isn't at a premium like it was years ago. Now, it's not even really a consideration

Thanks Brad! But yes, If Doomworld had DOOM 3 mods, oh boy. It'd probably break It, as the mods and files would be way too big for Idgames.

Tritnew said:

Thanks Brad! But yes, If Doomworld had DOOM 3 mods, oh boy. It'd probably break It, as the mods and files would be way too big for Idgames.

hdd space is no reason for not hosting mods any longer.

Tritnew said:

You're aware that Doomworld does not operate the idgames mirrors, right? They only provide a frontend.

Sodaholic said:

You're aware that Doomworld does not operate the idgames mirrors, right? They only provide a frontend.

Yes, I realized that mistake.