Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

A live action Mega Man movie is in the works...

There was that fan film. The dude is making a Sonic movie now with Jaleal White as the voice.

Oh no this movie is a Fox movie? We'll see it for sure and it won't be in development hell like most video game movies, but the beauty is it will be awful because for 25 years Fox says the name sells, not the movie.

I think they'll go for someone in his 20s that they'll pass off as a teen. Dr Light will be Gary Oldham and Dr. Wiley will be played by Michael Keaten. They'll give him black armor for the majority of the movie. Someone will say, I'll buy that for a Dollar.

geo said:

The dude is making a Sonic movie now with Jaleal White as the voice.

He completed it about 2 years ago and it was horrible.

What's with all these planned live-action adaptations of cartoonish characters anyways? They usually always either look like shit or are hilariously nothing like what they're supposed to be. Just develop a CG movie in-house and then get a studio to distribute it, done.

Sodaholic said:

I don't really have much to comment other than I can only picture it looking like and being about the quality of the North American NES box art.

Or worse, if that's even a thing.

A series about a blue robot that runs to the right while shooting everything that moves in order to reach and stop a crazy old man from conquering the world, without any real dialogue whatsoever.

Perfect movie material.

BaronOfStuff said:

Or worse, if that's even a thing.

A series about a blue robot that runs to the right while shooting everything that moves in order to reach and stop a crazy old man from conquering the world, without any real dialogue whatsoever.

Perfect movie material.

For an 80s B movie yes.

I bet he'll have to save Roll and Dr. Light gets nearly killed and the yellow devil will tower over a city and start destroying it. Or its Fox, so budget and bad computer graphics.

I hope to fuck this is a so bad it's good movie. I often hope these movies are bad so I can laugh at them. They often are. Not even Mario worked as a cartoon let alone a live action movie/show so what can we expect from this?

It must star Steven Seagal, and be based on the NES box art concept. Imagine a big guy in a weird blue costume with a "ray gun", squinting and delivering punchlines and koans in monotone as he dispatches his enemies. Also, in the end he removes his helmet and you see he has a ponytail too (also, throw in a few random references to Steven Seagal's many real-life talents, like e.g. piloting, playing the guitar, having climbed the Everest or speaking fluent Chinese).

Maes said:

It must star Steven Seagal, and be based on the NES box art concept. Imagine a big guy in a weird blue costume with a "ray gun", squinting and delivering punchlines and koans in monotone as he dispatches his enemies. Also, in the end he removes his helmet and you see he has a ponytail too (also, throw in a few random references to Steven Seagal's many real-life talents, like e.g. piloting, playing the guitar, having climbed the Everest or speaking fluent Chinese).

It best involve the blowing up of an oil rig, too as well as being directed by him and increasing the ego ten-fold.

Springy said:

It best involve the blowing up of an oil rig, too as well as being directed by him and increasing the ego ten-fold.

And he should use these as powerups (or ammo):

I've heard about it this morning, and I've got a really, REALLY bad feeling about it

They couldn't possibly fuck up his color scheme could they?

This is going to be so terrible... There is just literally no way a live action Mega Man could NOT be terrible.

If it's terrible, I hope it's cringe-tier cult movie terrible. No sense in only sticking your foot into the pool.

I hope they manage to retain the cartoony goofiness of the video games. It would suck to see it turned into something overly gritty and realistic.

*Sigh* This Is gonna be awful, Sonic got a fan-made live action movie and look how that turned out.

Also, this was made by the people who did the fan-made live action Mega Man movie.

Not to derail the topic, but any word on that 3D Doom movie reboot? Everything should be an origin story.

As for maintaining goofiness, I'm not sure people want goofy looking at how they hate the Megaman 1 cover art. Megaman fans are dead fucking serious when it comes to cheese.

Tritnew said:

This Is gonna be awful, Sonic got a fan-made live action movie and look how that turned out.

I remember that. Yeah, it sucked, although I gotta give them props for getting Jaleel White to voice Sonic.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

although I gotta give them props for getting Jaleel White to voice Sonic.

Yeah, only thing good about It was Jaleel.

geo said:

Not to derail the topic, but any word on that 3D Doom movie reboot? Everything should be an origin story.

Not really, no. I think they said that If the new DOOM Is successful they'll get the movie In the works. I think It's a origin story too.