Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

A live action Mega Man movie is in the works...

The only way I can imagine a live action Mega Man having any chance at being good, or at least tolerable, would be to have the robots as CG characters.

I wonder if they'll needlessly fuck up the plot as Hollywood tends to do with game adaptations.

-----

I never liked Jaleel as Sonic. I prefer him to sound like a snarky Bostoner as he did in Sonic CD and the OVA.

-----

I do actually like the 2005 Doom movie, but they really need to do a proper demonic invasion plot next time.

So with crossovers being all the rage and Fox owning the rights to X-Men movies and now a Capcom property... X-Men vs Capcom movie confirmed?

Sodaholic said:

I never liked Jaleel as Sonic. I prefer him to sound like a snarky Bostoner as he did in Sonic CD and the OVA.

I grew up with Jaleel White's voice, but I respect your opinion. Sonic would fit for a smartass Boston voice.

I don't remember Sonic CD talking. I grew up with jaleal white too. I remember him hosting an award ceremony with Betty White during the first or second season of family matters.

I'll wait for Jax to give me the exact specifics.

A smartass Boston voice? After almost a decade of avgn I've had my fill.

geo said:

I don't remember Sonic CD talking.

If you leave Sonic Idle In Sonic CD, he'll commit suicide and jump off the screen saying "I'm outta here!", and Sonic was a complete asshole In the OVA as well.

geo said:

A smartass Boston voice? After almost a decade of avgn I've had my fill.

I approve, but thinking It over, I'm pretty sure Sega of America's Sonic Is pretty much "WAY PEST CEWL UR 2 SLOWWWW" while Japan sees Sonic as Kawaii Desu.

I don't even this'll ever even be a thing. We already basically got Sony development helling both a Mario and a Sonic movie since like, last year or more.

It better have the story from Megaman X...

Anyway, i didn't seen the last Planet of the Apes remakes over the PVs trailer or the fanmade movies for that manner, so i can't known how it will come out...

But i know how that demonic beast called Hollywood majors tends to turn videogames into movies....

Tritnew said:

If you leave Sonic Idle In Sonic CD, he'll commit suicide and jump off the screen saying "I'm outta here!", and Sonic was a complete asshole In the OVA as well.

He'll also say "Yes!" everytime you gain a 1-Up.

Pretty much. Though, about the Mario movie, there's already a fucking like, OVAs based on Mario and Sonic, they're like movies and are the same length as a movie should be.

Dear god.

When does this stop being about Mega Man and start being about a Sonic movie?

geo said:

When does this stop being about Mega Man and start being about a Sonic movie?

They're both blue after all. Anyways, about the Mega Man live-action movie...

I have to admit though, Dr. Wily in that Megaman fan movie was really fun to watch.

Although the terrifying, poorly-animated abomination that was Cutman was, to put it lightly, really out of place.

Jaxxoon R said:

I have to admit though, Dr. Wily in that Megaman fan movie was really fun to watch.

Although the terrifying, poorly-animated abomination that was Cutman was, to put it lightly, really out of place.

I know, but... Japanese Mega Man, I see stereotyping since Mega Man Is from fucking Japan after all.

Doominator2 said:

Was their even any demand for this?

Nope, not from what I can recall. Why not just make an anime style Mega Man movie, like a OVA or something Instead of live-action bullshit?

Sodaholic said:

(...)they really need to do a proper demonic invasion plot next time.

I think Doom would be a cool trash movie, I mean, the game itself looks like a b-movie and never takes the plot seriously, so I think it could work... something like the 3DO fmvs or something always shooted in first person (but without retarded acting). It would be hilarious.

Noiser said:

I think Doom would be a cool trash movie, I mean, the game itself looks like a b-movie and never takes the plot seriously, so I think it could work... something like the 3DO fmvs or something always shooted in first person (but without retarded acting). It would be hilarious.

I think It would do great for a Evil Dead 1 style grindhouse movie (PSX DOOM Is more the lines of Evil Dead 1 then the PC version's Evil Dead 2 feel).

The Civ said:

that is hardly a live action film

Noiser said:

this is a really good idea, its what i wanted from the turd we got that had karl urban and THE ROCK.

Doomkid said:

that is hardly a live action film

I'm aware of that, but if you pay attention to the storyline they set up, it's a more realistic, gritty version of the Megaman universe, that's actually really interesting, intricate, and feels like it's own world.
If the movie takes a cue from their universe, it could turn out good.

The Civ said:

I'm aware of that, but if you pay attention to the storyline they set up, it's a more realistic, gritty version of the Megaman universe, that's actually really interesting, intricate, and feels like it's own world.
If the movie takes a cue from their universe, it could turn out good.

Eh, i was thinking of that band too, but they didn't came in my mind...

Sonic Star Man And The Mega Trek Wars Z 
    Revenge Of DR. Egg Bowser, Son Of  D. Kong

A must see movie ! In your local cinema soon ! soon !