Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashstrodamus

Swim With the Whales...

it's frikkin awesome is what it is

But yeah it is a grueling adventure, akkolades to those who have demoed it on uv

I've been told a few times that Swim With The Whales would prove a very testing experience should you try to play it on UV difficulty.....

One day I shall swim into those waters myself and find out.

I look forward to that day, John. I just hope I see your notification because I want to experience all that cussing and rage as it happens. ;)

Yeah, map 03's a soulcrusher on UV, especially at the start. It's all about determining a beneficial sequence of events, which in turn relies on finding at least some of the secrets, for the vital supplies they contain. Making it farther in is quite rewarding, though, a truly captivating setting.

I'll take a look at it later as I love really long playthrough videos for Doom.

I'll give it another go after I finish UV-Maxing Scythe 2. I was gonna UV-Max Hell Revealed until I realized Postmortem was on that. I hadn't played that in years, but I loathe that particular map. Quite enjoying Scythe 2 though. I had played it before but never UV-Maxed it. Alien Vendetta is still on the table too. For me it doesn't get any better than Scythe 1 and 2 and AV. I'm guessing Sunlust is by the same author as SWTW?

Sunlust is a cooperative project between Ribbiks, who is the author of Stardate 20X6 and Swim with the Whales (amongst other things), and dannebubinga, who is the author of Combat Shock and Combat Shock 2 (amongst other things).