Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just wondered why such a breathtaking and unique work as Equinox.wad could fail to generate any kind of attention.

I mean, no reviews or similar stuff.

This post is also a recommendation for anyone to download this masterpiece.

Get it from your usual archives.3dgamers.com or 3darchives.in-span.net as usual.

The author is not very forthcoming with information and goes under the mysterious alias B.R.P.D.

He claims to have done everything (sounds, textures, music, patches, levels) by himself but I recognized one of the midis as being the title theme of the Invasion TC/Megawad.

His email adress (an anonymous hotmail adress) is: burp_n_gurgle@hotmail.com

Linguica said:

Because no one reviews WADs anymore.

I played it and I liked it...

More incentive for me to start my own homepage. Now I just need to learn the craft.

Little Faith said:

He claims to have done everything (sounds, textures, music, patches, levels) by himself but I recognized one of the midis as being the title theme of the Invasion TC/Megawad.

Possibly they ripped it from him? Which was released first?

I dunno, though I believe Invasion is the oldest.

Invasion is one of the few Ultimate Doom megawads in existence and quite a classic (lot's of people are referring to it). It has replacements for all four episode and an actual implemented storyline.

An Invasion2 for Doom2 have been made since.

Since Equinox.wad is a quite recent work (after all I heard) I believe Invasion predates it.

The maker of Equinox definitely didn't write the Intermission music, that's an old war song.

Yeah, but he could have made that specific version of it.

That specific war song has been bastardized for countless reasons through time. Damn I even heard it transformed to a childrens rhyme about ants. Scary but true.

No, it's the old war song "When Johnny Comes Marching Home."

ill try it its been a while since i played wads that were made after 1998

I started it, and it's pretty nice, but the levels sort of get a little stale after about 3 or 4 of them...I think I'll play it through to the end, though, just to see what happens.

The levels in this fantastic wad are ordered into three "suites" with a distinct theme to them. There is a kind of intermission level between them and at last there is a small "ouverture" in the beginning and a big "reprise" in the end. Each "suite" ends spectacularily with you throwing a self destruct switch blowing shit up.

Levels 3 and 4 is the first "suite": The Genome Lab. It is mostly made up by the new silver textures and the blue and green carpeting. The ending is scary.

Levels 6 and 7 is the second "suite": The Cargo Area. Here it's a dark metal and concrete base. The ending reminds me of Virgil's Afterdoom: Deep Space Pursuit.

Levels 9 and 10 is the third "suite": The Hangar. It involves a flying saucer.

Levels 12 and 13 is the grand reprise. Here you will be taken back to where you started, but things have changed while you were away.

Levels 2, 5, 8 and 11 are intermission levels.

(Note: It is impossible to do a maxkill on the last level without cheating. You should know why when you see it).

You will probably find that this wad reminds you of Virgil's work. You probably also need Virgil'ish skills if you want to complete it on UV (even though the first few levels seems so easy).