Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
demo_the_man

DooM the tei-tenga incident(doom bible mod ) ALPHA 7

Hello again everyone, i am here to present you the most recent update to my doom bible mod.
Download link
http://www.moddb.com/mods/doomthe-tei-tenga-incident/downloads/doom-the-tei-tenga-incident-alpha-7b

Change log
The Saw gunner, an enemy wielding the players Saw
All enemys that fired hit scans now fire tracers
The formerhuman has received a heath buff, he no longer dies in one hit
Added in e1m5, Recreation and Quarters
Finished e1m4 Waste Proccessing
Art Pass on several levels , now most levels in e1 have gotten a lot more atmospheric.
Yellow key areas are now accessible because the key is now placed in a level
Added back in the super shotgun as the e1 secret
All zombie enemys have received a damage buff

The new HUD is nice.

How do you access the maps shown in your screenshots? When I chose one of the episodes I either end up in slightly bugged versions of the normal Doom levels or the map can't be found.

I must have forgot to put the maps in, when I first uploaded I found a bug that prevented a door from opening that was vital. I fixed it on the map and must have deleted the old maps from the PK3. I will upload a fix ASAP. Thank you for bringing this to my attention

I have fixed this, you can now download and play the maps!

I put the maps .wad file in the maps directory, and for some reason the directory was refusing to load the maps
The maps .wad has been moved into the main directory and this has fixed the problem. Anyone who downloaded this earlier please re-download it

The levels work now. From what I have seen this looks quite nice, with a cool gloomy atmosphere. But it frequently crashes after a couple of seconds, so I can't give more feedback.

Gonna try this out sometime today when I get back home. I tried out the first iteration of this and got some very odd crash to desktop bugs when just navigating through several maps. Hopefully that weird ass bug has been fixed now.

Thanks! Works now.

- The new enemies (especially the female marine and the scientists) are a nice addition and fit the whole setting well.
- The carbine is good and useful, but the bayonet is too weak. It took more then 10 hits to kill a Pinky with it.
- What do the demonic daggers do?
- Atmosphere and sense of place is generally good.
- The Hangar 2 level of the beiginning of the episode should be based on Spawning Vats, since that level was the original Hangar level from the Doom bible.
- Enemy placement and level layouts need improvement, but I think it's that way because it's alpha.
- Get rid of the maze in map3 of episode 1...

Overall this is quite a promising mod!

The demonic daggers ,chi gems, unholy bibles, and blood receptacles are apart of the score system which is still WIP as i haven't had much time to set up the score system yet.
E1M1 is actually a heavily modified 0.3 E1M1 , as it needs to kinda fit a short and fast level slot like the v.99 e1m1. There was at one point a different e1m1 based upon the 0.5 version of spawning vats, but it was cut because i could not make it feel like spawning vats no matter what i did. Eventually if i end up cutting a whole bunch of levels i will release a cut content pack

I'm still working on the weapons, as I'm not the most experienced with weapons.
Im actually going to rework comms center to be alot diffrent at some point. I did place an automap at the start until i rework the level. Also in later levels expect some vent crawling(i found some good air duct textures)

The level layouts are eventually going to get better, as im trying to put in areas that you could completely miss( some areas in labs come to mind) so that you have to explore. alot of areas have not changed since alpha 1 (alot of the early areas in labs come to mind.

Also a quick question, how would i be able to keep score for dead enemies( for example if i shoot a zombie man, i get 100 points) that would help a lot

Gave it a quick test, pretty fun so far. One thing I can recommend though is the use of "frandom" instead of plain old "random" to set attack spread. As it stands right now, the projectiles spread in a very predictable and jarring grid pattern.

For some unknown reason there has been an issue with ALPHA 7, as it for some reason is having an acces problem. There will be a bugfix patch ASAP but please bear with me.

Ok the bug that was causing this to crash when run has been fixed permanently, please redownload and play, as i really need feedback and that for me is running in short supply.

Go ahead an play it, there are news alphas very very often. The last one updated the look and feel of several older levels in the mod, as well as finishing supply depot 2.

Also in other news this has jumped from the 1400s to the 263 range on modb over the last 6 hours

I DUNNO LOL0329 said:

need help with installing I DONT know how to use a mod that is pk3 bascily a tutorial on how to install

You don't need to "install" anything. Just drag and drop the pk3 on the GZDoom executable and you're done.

Zed said:

You don't need to "install" anything. Just drag and drop the pk3 on the GZDoom executable and you're done.

Script error, "Decorate/Weapons.txt" line 111:
Expected ')', got ','.
that's a problem

Zed said:

and it shows me this if I use the doom 1 wad instead of the ultamte one

Uhm, this mod is for Doom 2.

EDIT: Also, make sure you grab the latest GZDoom from the link provided by scifista42.

I DUNNO LOL0329 said:

and it shows me this if I use the doom 1 wad instead of the ultamte one

that I can't use the shareware with the mod, and that I need to register that's what I meant

I DUNNO LOL0329 said:

did that its giving me this again
Script error, "Decorate/Weapons.txt" line 111:
Expected ')', got ','.

when I used the new gzdoom it worked like a charam thanks everyone for the help cant wait to play