Find results in...
The Doommer

SLADE is Killing me !

Some new errors :

Blood actor code is :

Script 3 does :

The actor that super error happens in it is :

What are those problems sources ?

You can't use scope operators for properties, only for the goto instruction.

In any case, you don't need to use it. Just delete entirely your height and radius lines, since it will, by default, use the values inherited from the parent actor. So it will do exactly what you want it to do by default.

Gez said:

You can't use scope operators for properties, only for the goto instruction.

In any case, you don't need to use it. Just delete entirely your height and radius lines, since it will, by default, use the values inherited from the parent actor. So it will do exactly what you want it to do by default.

Wrong
You didn't see the code exactly...
The height of object is equal to it's parent's radius...
The radius of object is equal to it's parent's height...

BaronOfStuff said:

Actually read the goddamn error messages.

Why that error occurred ???
I didn't understand why

Super::Radius
or
Super::Height
is a bad numeric constant...

The Doommer said:

Wrong
You didn't see the code exactly...
The height of object is equal to it's parent's radius...
The radius of object is equal to it's parent's height...

I think Gez knows more about the subject then you do. Probably a bad idea to call him wrong.

The Doommer said:

Why that error occurred ???
I didn't got why

Super::Radius
or
Super::Height
is a bad numeric constant...

Last time I checked number lines in schools, they didn't have Super::Radius Super::Height in them. Has maths changed since I finished?

Edward850 said:

I think Gez knows more about the subject then you do. Probably a bad idea to call him wrong.

I meant he was wrong because he didn't look good at the code...
That's all

He did read your code, as he clearly pointed out that you can't use scope operators as numerical constants. As did ZDoom itself. He then pointed out you don't even need them, as the properties are inherited. What more do you want from us?

Edward850 said:

Last time I checked number lines in schools, they didn't have Super::Radius Super::Height in them. Has maths changed since I finished?

Aren't Super::Height & Super::Radius variables containing a number ????!!!!

I don't see a number anywhere in the string "Super::Height". You can't just make up syntax. ZDoom expects an actual number.

Edward850 said:

He did read your code, as he clearly pointed out that you can't use scope operators as numerical constants. As did ZDoom itself. He then pointed out you don't even need them, as the properties are inherited. What more do you want from us?

So what are Super::Radius & Super::Height usages ??!!
Why you guys don't look good enough ???!!!
Look it again...
The items are inherited , but their properties are reversed !!!!!

Edward850 said:

Nowhere. Absolutely nowhere. Where are you getting this nonsense from?

A zdoom article...
So why SLADE is highlighting them ??!!!

The Doommer said:

A zdoom article...

Bullshit. It's not even remotely valid, and such madness is nowhere to be found on the wiki.

The Doommer said:

So why SLADE is highlighting them ??!!!

Because both Super (the state keyword for parent states) and Radius are valid keywords. However, what you're trying to do isn't even remotely valid, and isn't even necessary because all properties are inherited anyway.
The wiki has a full page explaining inheritance, and it even shows you the proper usage of the Super keyword, used for state flow control.

The Doommer said:

Aren't Super::Height & Super::Radius variables containing a number ????!!!!

Height and radius are numeric constants - as in "values that are always the same when executed".

Given that your horizontal barrel is basically a rectangle, setting a radius for it could have unexpected consequences. A couple of strategically placed invisible bridge things for each barrel might work better.

Edward850 said:

Bullshit. It's not even remotely valid, and such madness is nowhere to be found on the wiki.
Because both Super (the state keyword for parent states) and Radius are valid keywords. However, what you're trying to do isn't even remotely valid, and isn't even necessary because all properties are inherited anyway.

Ok , Got it (but i'm saying for a hundred time that i'm giving it's super height for it's radius & it's super height for it's radius. Got it or not ???)

GreyGhost said:

Given that your horizontal barrel is basically a rectangle, setting a radius for it could have unexpected consequences. A couple of strategically placed invisible bridge things for each barrel might work better.

So , which types of actors are using radius and which ones doesn't ?

New Errors (Shite , can't understand the case) :

Knight :

Blood was posted in the previous problem...

Junk :

Water :

What is the problem now ?

Check the barrel sprite name. If it's not BARLA0, you'll need at least 5 sprites for a full rotation.

As for the others, check that you don't have duplicate actor definitions.

The Doommer said:

Ok , Got it (but i'm saying for a hundred time that i'm giving it's super height for it's radius & it's super height for it's radius. Got it or not ???)

I think he's got it, but that doesn't alter the fact that you can't use the "Super::" scope operator to set actor properties.

So , which types of actors are using radius and which ones doesn't ?

You can probably set a radius for any actor, but when they don't have a more-or-less circular footprint that property setting becomes a bit of a compromise. Assuming it's based on the Doom barrel - your horizontal barrel's length is roughly double its width or height, swapping the parent actor's height and radius (as you're proposing to do) will halve the barrel's apparent height, double the length and quadruple the width.

GreyGhost said:

Check the barrel sprite name. If it's not BARLA0, you'll need at least 5 sprites for a full rotation.

A0 ? I thought it had to be A1..
Let me ensure...
A0 for barrel , corpses , etc ,...
A1-A7 , B1-B7 , etc for Monsters , Players , Projectiles , Weapons , etc...

GreyGhost said:

I think he's got it, but that doesn't alter the fact that you can't use the "Super::" scope operator to set actor properties.

Can i use this ?

ParrentName::Property 

The Doommer said:

Can i use this ?

You cannot.

It'd be redundant, anyway. An actor's properties are, by default, the exact same as its parent. Thus, there is no actual situation where what you're trying to do is relevant, since you're basically telling ZDoom to do what it's already doing.

Arctangent said:

You cannot.

It'd be redundant, anyway. An actor's properties are, by default, the exact same as its parent. Thus, there is no actual situation where what you're trying to do is relevant, since you're basically telling ZDoom to do what it's already doing.

Can i request you something ?
Read the HorizontalBrownBarrlel Height & Radius one more time with the most caution.
Then you'll understand i'm not doing any redundant job...

The Doommer said:

A0 ? I thought it had to be A1..
Let me ensure...
A0 for barrel , corpses , etc ,...
A1-A7 , B1-B7 , etc for Monsters , Players , Projectiles , Weapons , etc...

A0, B0 & etc. where there's only a single sprite that always faces the player.
A1-A8, B1-B8 & etc. for 45° rotations.

Can i use this ?

ParrentName::Property 

No, not to set actor properties. Even if it could be done, I doubt you'd be happy with the result of a height/radius swap.

GreyGhost said:

A0, B0 & etc. where there's only a single sprite that always faces the player.
A1-A8, B1-B8 & etc. for 45° rotations.
No, not to set actor properties. Even if it could be done, I doubt you'd be happy with the result of a height/radius swap.

Thanks for the help...
Can you please visit the Creating Custom Wads and help me with it ?
Lots of thanks.

Sorry that i'm rude but **** this SLADE !!!
Crashed & made my wholes Sprites , Sounds to be deleted while i was renaming the pk3 textures...
good news : DECORATE code is not deleted.
made a backup of all codes to prevent more mess...

What the **** should i do ?

The Doommer said:

Sorry that i'm rude but **** this SLADE !!!
Crashed & made my wholes Sprites , Sounds to be deleted while i was renaming the pk3 textures...
good news : DECORATE code is not deleted.
made a backup of all codes to prevent more mess...

What the **** should i do ?

This is a time-honoured tradition of doom editing tools. One simply must back up stuff all the time.