Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

Alternative blood flats

The blood flat in Doom looks pretty bad at lower light levels. Does anyone know of alternatives (for the default palette) that could work better?

Looks good IMO. Anyway, you can use SLADE3 to take the BLOOD* flat graphics and recolor them (Graphic -> Color Remap) to be a few indexes brighter.

I'd say it looks great, like there's a dark reflection.

Anyway, the reds always fade like that. I'm not sure what can be done here, save for the palette tweaks.

Personally I kinda dislike full-color palletes that are making their way into a lot of wads lately. I'm a big fan of fade-to-brown :(

As Da Werecat said, that's probably the best application of the blood flat I've ever seen

heh, didn't see it as a reflection until people mentioned that. It's less offensive to my eyes now, though I'm not sure I'm fully convinced. I'll have a look at those alternatives people mentioned anyway, thanks

--
Regarding the WAD, it's not Valiant, though I appreciate those comparisons :D It's for DMP2015, and is a remake of one of my older maps (read: THE only old map)

If it really attacks your eyeballs then an OpenGL sourceport is a valid alternative since it doesn't do this. Other than that, you're gonna have to deal with it.