Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

50 Shades of Graytall demos [-complevel 9]

vdgg said:

MD922, 4shockblast, where are you?

Actually been busy writing comments for Perdition's Gate demos and preparing it for a (hopefully) soon release. Here's a quick UV-Speed in 0:27 with the trick I found awhile back anyway.

50s06-027.zip

Taking a break from Doom for a bit. I check the forums daily and if I'm highly interested I'll run a demo.

Map 12 UV-Max in 2:56

First sub-three of the session. Wanted to post that when I got it instead of being a perfectionist and running multiple sessions.

Edit: Please don't upload this one. It doesn't use the patch wad. Correct version is two posts ahead.

50s12-256.zip

Btw, that goes out of sync when played with the 50_shades_fix wad.

I re-downloaded 50shades from idgames on 2/5 when Marcaek posted this, assuming I got the new version of the wad itself. But apparently the new file wasn't actually available on idgames at the time of his announcement, and I didn't realize there was a new file until checking now out of paranoia.

Whatever. At least it replays somehow. I still feel violated though. :(

KillerDog745 said:

Map02 UV Max in 2:12

Map 02 UV-Max in 2:10

This map is indeed fun. It does irritate me how I had a few sexy runs at 2:16 or whatever, and this run with some wasted ammo and getting blocked a couple times is at 2:10. :P

Afaik, the fix only has entries for map01/map05/map12. I recorded with it, but it doesn't go out of sync without it.

50s02-210.zip

rdwpa said:

Afaik, the fix only has entries for map01/map05/map12. I recorded with it, but it doesn't go out of sync without it.

I believe that all the changes are MP-only other than map 12 as well. My map 1 max never desynced with the changes. 12 pacifist didn't desync either since it's so short. In fact, it actually became faster because the exit is closer. :D

Map02 UV Max in 2:00
Could still be improved but requires a lot of infighting luck. Also thanks rdwpa for thinking up of this route, shaved quite a few seconds off of this map!

50s02-200.zip

Map 11 NM-Speed in 0:39.
NM100 in 0:43.
UV -fast in 2:28.
UV -respawn in 1:20.

I'm leaving max for someone else because I can't be bothered to deal with the PEs not spawning bullshit on another run.

50s_shock2.zip

Map11 UV Max in 2:08 and UV Fast in 2:09
Also attached is a demo showing that UV Fast should be 1:5x but the PE...
Ah well, this was done using 4shockblast's route which is much quicker than my old 2:21 max route was.
EDIT: Same demos, I forgot to organize the files when I first uploaded the zip folder. Also yep just pure luck. I tried many times after the 2:09 to improve it further as I got that run pretty early actually, but after many more runs a friend convinced me it's just not worth it and to submit what I had.
Also great demo with that pacifist! I would have never thought that would be possible, especially getting the blue key at the start and grabbing red past all the pinkies.

50s11.zip

KillerDog745 said:

Map11 UV Max in 2:08 and UV Fast in 2:09
Also attached is a demo showing that UV Fast should be 1:5x but the PE...
Ah well, this was done using 4shockblast's route which is much quicker than my old 2:21 max route was.

Nice on beating my UV -fast, surprised you went ahead with it with those PEs... Guess you were luckier than me as they spawned even more rarely in my attempts. :P

Map 11 Pacifist in 6:04.

50s11p604.zip